corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » best way to back up 40 gig of data??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author best way to back up 40 gig of data??
M2RTY

User status: Offline
3rd Jun 04 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want a newer larger HDD but i need to move all my data onto it, and hopefully use the drive i have now as a back up incase i loose it all

can i run 2 HDD off 1 pc, if so how?

cheers
Greg_M

3rd Jun 04 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah you can, did it yesterday due to a thunder storm (dont ask. open it up and look for the ribbon band that goes to the HDD, there should be a spare conector on this, connect it to the new HDD and give it a power lead, loads of spare ones in there, and then bolt the new HDD in.
langey

3rd Jun 04 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get 2000000floppy disks
M2RTY

3rd Jun 04 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by langey
get 2000000floppy disks

1 short
sfxer

3rd Jun 04 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greg12v
yeah you can, did it yesterday due to a thunder storm (dont ask. open it up and look for the ribbon band that goes to the HDD, there should be a spare conector on this, connect it to the new HDD and give it a power lead, loads of spare ones in there, and then bolt the new HDD in.

run it off the ribbon cable thatisnt allready running your 1st hdd, otherwise it will be painfully slow transferring data between drives,

+ dont forget to check the jumper settings on the new drive
luca2020

3rd Jun 04 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer ur primary hard drive should be set to master, secondary hard drive to slave
sfxer

3rd Jun 04 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by luca2020
yer ur primary hard drive should be set to master, secondary hard drive to slave

only if you have to have them on the same cable tho,

better have the 2nd hdd as a master on the secondary ide channel and your cd drive as the slave, both hdd as master and they will transfer much much quicker

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » best way to back up 40 gig of data?? 23 database queries in 0.0110400 seconds