corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whats faster up the 1/4 mile *now with a graph on page 2*

Poll: whats faster up the 1/4 mile *now with a graph on page 2*
  broster
  greasemonkey

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author whats faster up the 1/4 mile *now with a graph on page 2*
sfxer

User status: Offline
2nd Jun 04 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
I did not even raise a smile to that comment Joffry

me neither that was truely poor
broster
Premium Member

2nd Jun 04 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there you go
broster
Premium Member

2nd Jun 04 at 14:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can people state their reasons why they think who ever they vote for will win please?
vibrio
Banned

2nd Jun 04 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mapping done by superchips

138 is piss poor for inlet, exhaust manifold, viper, cams, head work.
broster
Premium Member

2nd Jun 04 at 14:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no mapping not done by super chips lol! why is that piss poor tell me then lexmaul inlet is not like the manzel, if i were to get a manzel or velos i imagine it would rise quite alot
Tom

2nd Jun 04 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure u only rev to 6500 rpm
Gavin
Premium Member

2nd Jun 04 at 15:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

150 bhp (est.) vs 138bhp
17" Vs 15"

think it would be very very close...... but as greasemonkeys is the same colour as the green little turtle..... i would have to say that peebo would come second (a very very close second tho )

pew pew pew pewwwww
broster
Premium Member

2nd Jun 04 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
make sure u only rev to 6500 rpm

any reasons for this?
broster
Premium Member

2nd Jun 04 at 15:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by B19 GAV
150 bhp (est.) vs 138bhp
17" Vs 15"

think it would be very very close...... but as greasemonkeys is the same colour as the green little turtle..... i would have to say that peebo would come second (a very very close second tho )

pmsl we all no that red is a faster colour that green
Paul_J

2nd Jun 04 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Let's find out at PVS
broster
Premium Member

2nd Jun 04 at 16:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
Let's find out at PVS

indeed
corsa120

2nd Jun 04 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i dont mean to argue, but broster you say if u change ur inlet your car may or will be alot better an give higher power, but when compared to greasemonkeys who basically has same spec is running a mantzel and you both have said there is not alot in it between ya so if you change ur inlet then in fact you notice much change because if theres little difference between ya, you changing to a mantzel will not suddenly make you faster will be same i think, hence if greasmonkey put 15's on then he will beat ya because he at the moment has the disadvantage an still keeps up or beats ya, plus his car has 3bhp more standard on the c16xe pointless to mention i know but....... all adds up

greasmonkey's spec looks bigger cos he's put down leads/plugs/pulleys etc which are an advantage but only on engine efiiency not powerwise

personally i think greasmonkey's car will win if he changes the wheels to 15's for the day thats my reason
Paul_J

2nd Jun 04 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think he was talking about the power... what broster has is good for torque - the other one gives better power. I think.
broster
Premium Member

2nd Jun 04 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
well i dont mean to argue, but broster you say if u change ur inlet your car may or will be alot better an give higher power, but when compared to greasemonkeys who basically has same spec is running a mantzel and you both have said there is not alot in it between ya so if you change ur inlet then in fact you notice much change because if theres little difference between ya, you changing to a mantzel will not suddenly make you faster will be same i think, hence if greasmonkey put 15's on then he will beat ya because he at the moment has the disadvantage an still keeps up or beats ya, plus his car has 3bhp more standard on the c16xe pointless to mention i know but....... all adds up

greasmonkey's spec looks bigger cos he's put down leads/plugs/pulleys etc which are an advantage but only on engine efiiency not powerwise

personally i think greasmonkey's car will win if he changes the wheels to 15's for the day thats my reason

i agree with that to a point, when i was able to beat greasemonkey above 70ish his seals on the injectors had gone, he has since replaced these and it makes a big difference. i dunno, only way to see if to get them both on the 1/4 mile and see. good points there! his spec also looks better as he has had a re-bore etc...but thats only as he had new pistons etc, wont make much difference at all.
as for the 3bhp difference, both have had alot of head and my egr has been removed so think that rules that out, only difference that may be there is that some say the exhaust valves are bigger on the c16xe than the x16xe, has it ever been proved tho? need to get greasemonkeys on the same rollers as mine to get a power reading that we can cross reference if u get me?
broster
Premium Member

2nd Jun 04 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
I think he was talking about the power... what broster has is good for torque - the other one gives better power. I think.

true it is believed that the lexmaul gives better mid range than the manzel, again not proven still.
miles

2nd Jun 04 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It could go either way. The engines look very similar, although I still think the mantzel will out perform the lexmaul accross the board.

Will the 15's make up the difference? Will the 17's let monkey avoid an extra gear change? Although I imagin both will be in the middle of 3rd on the line.

Are we assuming they both weigh the same? IE same levels of subs etc?

It will most probably come down to the driver.
broster
Premium Member

2nd Jun 04 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i believe itll come down to driver error now, always thought they would be close! both will probably be standard interior i.e. no ice to speak of. unless one of us decides to rip the interior out!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whats faster up the 1/4 mile *now with a graph on page 2* 24 database queries in 0.0278730 seconds