corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 90mm springs??

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 90mm springs??
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
3rd Jun 04 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So maybe the Corsa ones are longer.

Either way, they're the same length uncompressed if that's how you are measuring, but they definately compress to different lengths.

I've put springs rated at 850kg axle weight on a car rated at 1000kg, they're supposed to be 40mm. Does that look like 40mm?

<---------
the_legend_of_yrag

3rd Jun 04 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For example:

Taken from pvd catalouge.

Nova -60mm springs part no. : 60-9010 (same part number as -35mm nova gte/gsi springs)
Corsa -60mm springs part no.60-930

These are the apex springs, and have different part numbers....
the_legend_of_yrag

3rd Jun 04 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even looking at the eibach springs, both cars have the same part number, but the drop is 45-50mm so more than likely gunna give the nova a 45mm drop and the corsa a 50mm drop as the corsa is heavier...
STEvieXE

3rd Jun 04 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok im not sure about springs poundages so am not gonna argue as probably every type of manufacturers springs are diff poundages. but as the majority of lowered springs for nova/corsa have exactly the same part number then i stick by my guns. legend of yrag i get u on the part numbers but what i mean is that if the springs r identical as most of them are then putting nova springs into ur corsa make no difference as ur putting the same spring into the car no matter what its sold as. u get wot i mean?? doesnt matter how heavy a car is or not as its the same springs no matter wot their in...
Reedy

3rd Jun 04 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there must be a difference otherwise they wouldnt be sold separately, it would sold as Corsa/Nova springs and not Corsa springs, Nova springs.
STEvieXE

3rd Jun 04 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and ian yeah the standard springs will compress to diff lengths as ones on a corsa and ones on a nova. ie the wieght diff. but in reality the springs are the same size uncompressed so i would think that swapping them would make no diff. yeah a nova and a corsa with the same type of lowered springs then the novas not gonna be as low as it lighter but u could swap springs all day and it wouldnt make a diff unless the springs are different which as i said in most cases arent.
STEvieXE

3rd Jun 04 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

REDDY go get ur nearest catalogue and check part numbers and ull see. there listed as individual cars on the lists coz thats wot they r but doesnt mean that their not the same components
STEvieXE

3rd Jun 04 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by the_legend_of_yrag
Even looking at the eibach springs, both cars have the same part number, but the drop is 45-50mm so more than likely gunna give the nova a 45mm drop and the corsa a 50mm drop as the corsa is heavier...

yeah agreed 100% but cant u see that they r the same spring and yeah the nova wont be as low but ordering the nova spring wont make ur corsa ne lower than ordering the corsa one as their the same
Reedy

3rd Jun 04 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Nova -60mm springs part no. : 60-9010 (same part number as -35mm nova gte/gsi springs)
Corsa -60mm springs part no.60-930

Here you can see different model numbers indicating different types of components, maybe they are made from sumthing different or maybe its just that can take more weight.
the_legend_of_yrag

3rd Jun 04 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stevein even if they are the same spring they will give the corsa a lower drop as theres more weight going onto em mate.

Wayne

3rd Jun 04 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i was speaking to beardy and he was sayin that if i got nova springs it will actualli make the corsa lower and i think he knows about them
STEvieXE

3rd Jun 04 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by the_legend_of_yrag
Stevein even if they are the same spring they will give the corsa a lower drop as theres more weight going onto em mate.

yeah a lower drop than on a nova. not a lower drop than the same spring used in the corsa package coz they are the same. u get me??
luca2020

3rd Jun 04 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve i can see what ur saying and agree lol
STEvieXE

4th Jun 04 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks altho i can also see wot they mean that the same springs in a nova will be higher than the same springs in a corsa as its heavier. not sure what the diffs would be in the springs that have the diff part numbers?? i would say prob poundage but unsure...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 90mm springs?? 23 database queries in 0.0602722 seconds