corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What's the penulty for Worn tyres

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What's the penulty for Worn tyres
Paul_J

User status: Offline
2nd Jun 04 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers J-Me for your comments

I only have a single day off a week, (tuesday) - I work during weekends and am at college during the week all other days except for tuesday...

The story about racing my mate happened on the sat, the sliding into another lane happened sunday, and the doing 100+ happened monday... My tyres were changed tuesday. So please GTF - thanks

I don't see when I could of changed my tyres otherwise since I was busy the previous days. Also as I said it only happened quick - One day the tyres seemed fine, next they were just all over the place.

[Edited on 02-06-2004 by Paul_J]
Jamie

2nd Jun 04 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please GTF cause I'm pointing out not only you are a moron for driving with illegal tyres, you did it in the wet / racing

Not have your old rims that came with the car? For the sake of 2-3 days you could have gone without racing your mates in the wet.

Oh by the way, most tyre places are open on the weekends.

You may want to note that, that is if you still have your license.

[Edited on 02-06-2004 by J-Me]
Paul_J

2nd Jun 04 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J-Me
Please GTF cause I'm pointing out not only you are a moron for driving with illegal tyres, you did it in the wet / racing

Not have your old rims that came with the car? For the sake of 2-3 days you could have gone without racing your mates in the wet.

Oh by the way, most tyre places are open on the weekends.

You may want to note that, that is if you still have your license.

[Edited on 02-06-2004 by J-Me]

ok - well I only realised my tyres were that screwed up when I slid racing my mate, until then I thought they were fine / looked fine. After this when I slid into the other lane the next day, I wasn't racing. The 100 mph was in the dry and on a straight going 2 junctions on the motorway, I didn't realise it would make any difference in the dry, but it obviously was quite bad in the dry too.

Did you read what I wrote? That's nice that most places are open during weekends but I'm at college during the week (except for tuesdays) and work during weekends, so there was no possible way I was going to be able to change my tyres till tuesday...

Thanks,

Paul J

[Edited on 02-06-2004 by Paul_J]
Jamie

3rd Jun 04 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul_J

3rd Jun 04 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meow ?
Paul_J

3rd Jun 04 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

M00000000
essexracer

3rd Jun 04 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ladies
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jun 04 at 01:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting back on topic, these may not be illegal even if they're on the tread wear indicators, this is the recommended lowest depth by the manufacturer of the tyre and most make this 2-3mm not the legal 1.6mm limit.

Having said that, if they're going, get them changed quick smart.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What's the penulty for Worn tyres 23 database queries in 0.0088799 seconds