corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sound card??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sound card??
Ryan L

User status: Offline
22nd May 04 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the moment i play all my songs through my PC then through the AUX connection on my stereo which is fine for low volumes but if i turn the volume up the quality deteriates dramatically. Will a new sound card for my PC sort this out and what are some decent ones
drunkenfool

22nd May 04 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=54385
Dom

22nd May 04 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sod creative for a giggle...its all pretty much bollox, especially the external stuff
best creative car has to be the old LIVE! stuff, i have one and it does the job for most stuff (although i have another prof. card for my music product stuff). Personally, look at the M-Audio (bottom of the range) cards over at www.overclockers.co.uk. There used in semi-pro studios, and there cheap-ish cards are MINT as for the money and will waste any creative piece of poop..
Although if your amp as a optical or digital input, do it that way...will give you a better quality signal
Tim
Site Administrator

22nd May 04 at 13:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan L
At the moment i play all my songs through my PC then through the AUX connection on my stereo which is fine for low volumes but if i turn the volume up the quality deteriates dramatically. Will a new sound card for my PC sort this out and what are some decent ones

Are you talking about turning up the volume on the PC or the hi-fi? If you're connecting to the AUX on your hi-fi you need the LINE out on the soundcard, not SPEAKER out... otherwise if you turn the PC volume up it'll clip the input of the hi-fi and sound shite...

[Edited on 22-05-2004 by Tim]
Ryan L

22nd May 04 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tim
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan L

Are you talking about turning up the volume on the PC or the hi-fi? If you're connecting to the AUX on your hi-fi you need the LINE out on the soundcard, not SPEAKER out... otherwise if you turn the PC volume up it'll clip the input of the hi-fi and sound shite...

[Edited on 22-05-2004 by Tim]

i'm running it via the line out i'm not that silly, maybe i'll look into getting a 5.1 or 7.1 setup soon
Ryan L

22nd May 04 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

while on the subject of PC's my fan seems load compared to other PC's will a replacement one sort this out
Tim
Site Administrator

22nd May 04 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry I wasn't implying you were silly, just a lot of people don't know what line level is

Which fan seems loud? Cpu, case, or PSU? Normally you want to get something that's bigger and lower rpm to get it quiet... Check out http://www.overclockers.co.uk as they've got a great selection (and prompt delivery)
Ryan L

22nd May 04 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

danke schone tim

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sound card?? 23 database queries in 0.0080521 seconds