corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Warning light has appeared

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Warning light has appeared
ed_jones

User status: Offline
22nd May 04 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this last two days. it appeared the day i put my original alloys back on the car and the warning light only comes on when i take a sharpish corner at a fastish speed such as going round a mini roundabout and turning in to another road. it is a red warning light with the exclamation mark in the circle which comes on with the handbrake on.
anyone know why its coming on and is it to to with me putting the original alloys back on.
Dom

22nd May 04 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its probably the handbrake sensor mate....mines mashed too, i can touch the handbrake (not put it on) and it cause it to flash
its not doing any harm mate, but take it into somewhere and get it checked if you want
ljames555

22nd May 04 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check your brake fluid
Tim
Site Administrator

22nd May 04 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The light also duals as the brake fluid level warning... probably find the fluid is splashing around too much as you go round the corner... (as your car probably handles better now if you had huge wheels on before)
ljames555

22nd May 04 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 22-05-2004 by ljames555]
Tim
Site Administrator

22nd May 04 at 11:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check your brake fluid
ed_jones

22nd May 04 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok il check it later though it should hav been checked as ive just bought the car a month ago when it had its mot. previous wheels were 16s, current wheels on now causing the problems are 15s
Tim
Site Administrator

22nd May 04 at 11:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wheels aren't causing the problem... you are probably just hammering it round a corner... I get the same thing occasionally...
ed_jones

22nd May 04 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, if anything still goes wrong ive still got 2months warranty on it. it also happened on a main road on a sweeping long corner i took at speed though is what worried me the most
ed_jones

23rd May 04 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive topped it up wiv brake fluid and its gone now, took it round some sharpish roundabouts aggresivly and nothin cam on so its ok.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Warning light has appeared 23 database queries in 0.0117140 seconds