corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » mfd

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author mfd
Cossie

User status: Offline
20th May 04 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My corsa is an ls model with out mfd i want to buy an mfd it just plug in or i need to have wires or i have the wires already?

[Edited on 20-05-2004 by Cossie]
Cossie

20th May 04 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some help pls !!!
drunkenfool

20th May 04 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have a look behind were they normally go and see if there is a plug for it. On mine, its white, about 3cmx1cm and has about 10 wires in it (all from guessing, dont quote me on that). IF there is the plug there, you sholuld be able to just plug the MFD in.
Chris R

20th May 04 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depending on which corsa it is there may be two versions of the MFD. one early and one late ( B) both will plug into the same plug but one wont talk to the radio.

if you are prepared to do a little repinning then a astra G one will also drop in.
( this mod works with Blaupunkt radios real well!)
mjw_2k2

20th May 04 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a 12 pin rectangle plug which should be hiding in the wiring loom behind the centre consol, which you will have to take out. there will be a thick bunch of wires going to radio etc and from that a smaller loom for the hazard warning switch, feel the larger loom for a lump in and cut out (not the wires just the tape) the 12 pin plug with wires and pull it up out through the mfd area attach your new MFD (from scrappies) and screw everythin back together! should find that the temperature part wont work as the temp sensor isnt included on models without the MFD, u2u me if u get any problems
Chris R

20th May 04 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whilst you are at the scrappies look on the front of the car ( in front of the radiator) for a black tab. that is the temp sensor.
Cossie

20th May 04 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers thanks 4 the help just i am going to scrappies so i have to pass the wires for the temp also does vauxhall sell the temp what price?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » mfd 24 database queries in 0.0120721 seconds