corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Points system changing???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Points system changing???
Paul_J

User status: Offline
18th May 04 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read this on another site...

if you are in a 30 zone and you are caught at:

31-35mph---you get 2 points
36-50mph---you get 4 points
above 50 you get 6 points
instant ban at 60mph

giving points out at 31 mph is a bit over the top imo, since speedo inacuracys are possibly 10% anyway, so you see 30/31 mph and your doing 33 mph and thus get 2 points? bit harsh

Then to get 4 points for doing 36 is even worse! My mate got done the other day for doing 36 in a 30, but it was a wide road, 11:30 pm at night and nothing about - he felt he was going slow doing 36, but the police man with a radar gun in the bushes caught him... 3 points allowed 4 minor offences over the 3/4 years it takes to get rid of points - but 4 points means we're only allowed 3 offences

They should of made it 33-37 = 2 points, 38-45 = 3 points, 45 - 50 = 4 points, or whatever...

anyone else heard about this?
Rob R

18th May 04 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i personaly think you should get 1 point say up to 35mph, 2 points up to 40mph etc etc and a huge arse fine. People will only take notice of such things when it hits them where it hurts the most....their wallet

[Edited on 18-05-2004 by motorspeed]
DanielJ

18th May 04 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oldddd
Drew
Banned

18th May 04 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i posted it yesterday - ur slow paul least being slow ya wont get any points
Andrew

18th May 04 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are just trying to get people off the road. I wouldn't mind a fine if i knew i was in the wrong but i don't want the points.
mav

18th May 04 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

read it on paper few days ago.........

sucks.no way you should be gettingpoints at 31..............
Rebrabuk

18th May 04 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Giving points for 31mph!!

When does this come into effect?

Accidents will increase due to people not concentrating on the roads due to watching their speedo imo.
Gavin
Premium Member

18th May 04 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by motorspeed
i personaly think you should get 1 point say up to 35mph, 2 points up to 40mph etc etc and a huge arse fine. People will only take notice of such things when it hits them where it hurts the most....their wallet

personality i disagree with u there slightly.

i think that most youngest already find it hard to fget decent priced car insurance..... so if u have points on ya liecense then ya insurance is gonna be even more expensive

i would rather have a £100 fine than have 4-6 points on my liecense....IMO

pew pew pew pewwwww
Rob R

18th May 04 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by B19 GAV
quote:
Originally posted by motorspeed

personality i disagree with u there slightly.

i think that most youngest already find it hard to fget decent priced car insurance..... so if u have points on ya liecense then ya insurance is gonna be even more expensive

i would rather have a £100 fine than have 4-6 points on my liecense....IMO

well surely it will make people not want to speed...and it relates back to my previous comment of people will take more notice of such things if its costing them an arm and a leg?
ed

18th May 04 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will help stop people loosing thier jobs e.t.c.. cos they did 34mph through a camera by accident. You can act all high and mighty about speeding and asct as though you are perfect, but everyone does it...
Rob R

18th May 04 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes everyone does...tis a fact of life....some people are oblivious to it...but others abuse it....and its the people who abuse it who make everyone else suffer
Robbo

18th May 04 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Several police men have told me that the speed cameras only pick up above 35mph anyway This includes a very senior traffic policeoffice (now retiured) who does police training on high speed pursuit
Adam_B

18th May 04 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

half the speed limits in this country are bollocks anyway
ed

18th May 04 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SOme do, some don't there is a 5% error approximately, but a few of the Truvello's go off at 34 mph in Bucks... My friend had a letter to prove it
Adam_B

18th May 04 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Several police men have told me that the speed cameras only pick up above 35mph anyway This includes a very senior traffic policeoffice (now retiured) who does police training on high speed pursuit

Please tell me its sheriff John Burnell
Robbo

18th May 04 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nup
vibrio
Banned

18th May 04 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
Just read this on another site...

if you are in a 30 zone and you are caught at:

31-35mph---you get 2 points
36-50mph---you get 4 points
above 50 you get 6 points
instant ban at 60mph

giving points out at 31 mph is a bit over the top imo, since speedo inacuracys are possibly 10% anyway, so you see 30/31 mph and your doing 33 mph and thus get 2 points? bit harsh

Then to get 4 points for doing 36 is even worse! My mate got done the other day for doing 36 in a 30, but it was a wide road, 11:30 pm at night and nothing about - he felt he was going slow doing 36, but the police man with a radar gun in the bushes caught him... 3 points allowed 4 minor offences over the 3/4 years it takes to get rid of points - but 4 points means we're only allowed 3 offences

They should of made it 33-37 = 2 points, 38-45 = 3 points, 45 - 50 = 4 points, or whatever...

anyone else heard about this?

can't happen. can't be done for 10% and under
starkmotorsport

18th May 04 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
half the speed limits in this country are bollocks anyway

Yup
Paul_J

18th May 04 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh I had a feeling it was old news - the post I read it on, from another forum was a couple of days old. But I've not seen the papers and must of missed the post on CS - I thought it was just a rumour when I first read it ...

Will Suck big time if it goes through.

As someone says - they should reduce points + increase fine. As it currently is, with camera's everywhere and talk of this GPS speed tracking thing which gets you as soon as you speed in development, I fear that most people will end up being banned

It's not just boy racers though, I race about but have 0 points - although I tend to travel fast places, I'm very observant, the speed (I'm not stupid though, I don't speed infront of schools) increases adrealine and ends up resulting in a more switched on drive.

As someone said, if I was speedo watching or just cruising very slowly I would actually be more distracted from my driving and be more likely to have an accident.

It's people like old people not totally switched on getting banned for a quick trip to the shops and back lol... It's all a bit shit really and I don't like the way the world is going

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Points system changing??? 24 database queries in 0.0152831 seconds