corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » South East » Proposed split of South East region. Everyone please vote

Poll: Proposed split of South East region. Everyone please vote
  yes split into 2 regions
  no leave it as it is
  other please state

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Proposed split of South East region. Everyone please vote
Kerry

User status: Offline
13th May 04 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have discussed with Ian about splitting this region down as it is a very large area and i feel would be hard to keep everyone happy when organising events ect

It has been decieded that the best course of action would be to create an East Anglia regional group for reasons such as us people in this area are talking a 2 hour journey minimum to attend meets in bluewater and southend ect

Can people vote to put their views across and also if u are from East Anglia area including Cambridge and Ipswich and you agree with the split please give the start of your postcode so we can include this on the front page like the rest of the regions
LukeGSi

13th May 04 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yesh im definatly for a East Anglia region as like Kez just said most of the events etc currently held in our region are in Southend and although its a good venue its more than a 2 hour drive which once every couple of months is ok but for regular meets its a bit of a pain in the butt If a new region was introduced a couple of new organisers would be needed and I vote me and Gary (legend_of_yrag)
sxi16vjoe

13th May 04 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Noooooooooooooooo dont leave us...
the_legend_of_yrag

13th May 04 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am also up for this but always willing to go to bluewater southend anyway. But agree it'l be easier. My postcode is on the frnt page btw CB
jr

13th May 04 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would be silly IMO, split a allready small region in terms of members particiapting into two smaller regions

very pointless IMO
LukeGSi

13th May 04 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
would be silly IMO, split a allready small region in terms of members particiapting into two smaller regions

To be honest mate I dont think this is a "small region" if it is then why are there two Karting meets and not everyone attending one??
jr

13th May 04 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no just if you look at the regular posters in here theres about 10 tops, look at some others and theres about 30 ppl allways posting in there
Kerry

13th May 04 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh but i think alot of people are put off by the region being so big

i know a few members that come from up our way who dont post in this region as they feel they are not from the south east and also when its such a big regional coverage its harder to get to know guys in your area

i think split it and if it doesnt work then merge them back together again

besides the majority vote is for the idea
jr

13th May 04 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i lodge my vote agaist it

im making the protest banner now
Dan
Premium Member

13th May 04 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive always said there should b east anglia, as its a huge area it covers.....as 4 places 2 cruise round this way, ya cant beat yarmouth!!!

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Kerry

14th May 04 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok ian says we can have our own region but i need help sorting the postcodes please
Kerry

14th May 04 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NR, norwich
IP, Ipswich
CB, Cambridge

these are all i can find under norfolk, suffolk and cambridgshire
Darren

18th May 04 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not bothered - Southend is 50/60 mins one way and norwich is the same the other
Darren

18th May 04 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colchester = CO

which is actually in essex lol, but still nr suffolk border

[Edited on 18-05-2004 by ipswichcorsa]
GY52

4th Jun 04 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we should stay as is. To my knowledge there is one other cs user within 20 miles of me!!! Yes 1!! It too takes me 2 - 2.5 hours to get to Southend ( granted bout 1 hr is sat on the seafront in traffic ) but its a good 100 miles from me. I see where your coming from though the only thing i'm worried bout is that it will get split into more than 2 regions and the handful of us on the south coast will have no region to speak of!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » South East » Proposed split of South East region. Everyone please vote 25 database queries in 0.0152881 seconds