corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Alarm systems- the lowdown??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Alarm systems- the lowdown??
DangerousDave16v

User status: Offline
12th May 04 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can someone give me the lowdown on aftermarket alarm systems, so far all my cars have had factory alarm systems which has satisfied my insurance company, but im upgrading soon and the car i want must have an alarm system other than the manufacturers.
i know that guddins are thatcham approved right? and that there are different categories,
im not lookin for the ultimate tilt sensitive, proximity sensing, anti pikey device, but just wondering what the good makes are , how much they are for fitting etc,

cheers
L330wnz

12th May 04 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best makes IMO are clifford, cobra, toad and a few other makes I cant fnk of at the mo! U'll be looking at £300+ for wot u want inc. fitting! Hope this helps a bit!
StuartGee

12th May 04 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ Agree.

Category 1 (or T1 as they are abbreviated to) are your decent alarms, don't get an alarm that is less than a T1!
T2 is generally your electronic immobilisers and lesser alarms.

Serpi Star(??) seemed quite good, was on my dads imported scooby, only downside was he turned off the siren since you only got 30secs between unlocking car and starting engine, which can be a bit of a challenge with the scoobys steering lock!! But other than that was a good system.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Alarm systems- the lowdown?? 23 database queries in 0.0088680 seconds