corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Twin-engine setups...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Twin-engine setups...
AndyW

User status: Offline
12th May 04 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will be a true beast mate!! wish i even had an ounce of mechanical experience to do summat like that!
bradfincham

12th May 04 at 01:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i was you i would ring tiger kit cars and speak to them about how they sorted the gear linkages on there twin engined kit car,
i know they were bike engines and both in the front but it must be the same principal and they got bith engines runnign fine to be able to do a 2.8 sec 0-60!
PaulW

12th May 04 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bradfincham
if i was you i would ring tiger kit cars and speak to them about how they sorted the gear linkages on there twin engined kit car,
i know they were bike engines and both in the front but it must be the same principal and they got bith engines runnign fine to be able to do a 2.8 sec 0-60!

The bloke who is in charge of the north-west area was at the thundersprint on sunday & i did get speaking to him about a few things & also what I was planning to do to the corsa. he seemed pretty interested in the project & gave me his card so I'll give him a ring about the linkages like you say. He didnt mention about the twin engine car though!

(Look in my garage, under Thundersprint 2004, there is a picture of the red tiger racing kit car in there)
bradfincham

12th May 04 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah right, thats not the kit car im on about, its yellow and tiff done a 0-60 test in it! I have the companies email at hoem that done the engines but im not at home!

I see they had the formula jordan there, that thigs crap we had a good look around at autosport and the layout is wrong and the bumpo steer will be terrible due to where the rack is positioned.
PaulW

12th May 04 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah they were doing a raffle to win a ride in it round oulton park (the yellow thing)... needless to say I didn't put my pound in! think they only sold about 20 tickets in the entire day!

the red tiger was a good one though, I asked them aswell if they had done one which takes an XE lump, but he said they mainly use ford engines but with a bit of work, one which takes a Zetec engine 'might' be ok with an XE lump... For the price though.
Ian
Site Administrator

12th May 04 at 12:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make sure the shed is secure.
BeArDy

12th May 04 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes not a bike engine in a corsa, got a bike

PaulW

12th May 04 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Make sure the shed is secure.

Trust me it will be... there is no way to get a car on the back garden as there isn't enough room between the wall & the house, the car will need to be lifted over the wall!
Mikorsa16v

12th May 04 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
just back from the pub so a lil pissed atm

storage shouldn't be a problem hopefully, I've found to garage's I can store the car in & work on it, and also having a word with my grandad at building a big fook off shed in his backgarden (its the size of a football pitch) so eitherway will be fine.

tbh im more tempted now with the twin engine idea, saves having to cut up 2 cars to make one, so instead will be just butchering the 1! but yeah its gona be a ammmoth task!

More interested in it Now your pissed LMFAO

[Edited on 12-05-2004 by Mikorsa16v]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll