corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just grinded back the drive shaft rod at the front to fit in center caps..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just grinded back the drive shaft rod at the front to fit in center caps..
Go3asy

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 04 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

grinded it very far back only a couple of threads still sticking out, dont think it will need re threaded either, just need to know will it be ok with that pin bent round the side of it? if i bend the pin back around the font (where it originally was) then the pin presses on the center cap

had to remove the rear grease caps aswell, it safe for the wheels center cap to keep the greas ein ? anything better i can do

[Edited on 22-04-2004 by Go3asy]
Go3asy

22nd Apr 04 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also noticed on 1 of my front wheels the threads are fucked in 1 of the holes and the bolt wont go right in no matter what, wont turn any further, hope it will be ok, need to try get hold of some better discs or sumit,

anyone got any 2.0ltr vaux front disks,caliper,caliper holder and pads , and whatever else i need to do a 2.0ltr brake conversion for sale? would lok so much better inside the wheel and my brakes at mo are very shite, put on new pads 100miles ago and they are still fucked, i think they need bled
Adam

22nd Apr 04 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loose the centercaps, not 1/2 the threads on your driveshaft or the locking pins
Go3asy

22nd Apr 04 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks horrible, sure the pin would be ok bent round the other way, wont come loose, and theres no reason for the shaft to be as long as it was, got told from shops to angle grind a few mm off it, and ppl on here
Adam

22nd Apr 04 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they have that much thread for a reason, thank fuck you will never go near my car!!
Go3asy

22nd Apr 04 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, why is it there then ?
Go3asy

22nd Apr 04 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone esle grinded it back ?
Tim
Site Administrator

23rd Apr 04 at 00:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as the pin can't come out the hole it goes through you'll be fine...

You can bend the pin round more, or just trim the tail off a bit. Just make sure it can never come out

PS: I personally wouldn't have ground it back *that* far but hey... see how it goes... it's not the driveshaft by the way -- it's a stub axle... Driveshaft finishes into the back of the hub...

[Edited on 23-04-2004 by Tim]
mav

23rd Apr 04 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never had to do that to get them on mine....

Bend the pin...as tim says as long as it won't come out.............
Drew
Banned

23rd Apr 04 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tim
it's not the driveshaft by the way -- it's a stub axle... Driveshaft finishes into the back of the hub...

its the constant velocity joint, which joins onto the driveshaft
Tim
Site Administrator

23rd Apr 04 at 00:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Go3asy
also noticed on 1 of my front wheels the threads are fucked in 1 of the holes and the bolt wont go right in no matter what, wont turn any further, hope it will be ok, need to try get hold of some better discs or sumit,

anyone got any 2.0ltr vaux front disks,caliper,caliper holder and pads , and whatever else i need to do a 2.0ltr brake conversion for sale? would lok so much better inside the wheel and my brakes at mo are very shite, put on new pads 100miles ago and they are still fucked, i think they need bled

Also the thread... The wheels don't bolt onto the disc, they bolt THROUGH the disc and into the hub... if the thread on the hub is screwed (excuse the pun) then that's a bit more work... Sure it's just not mis-threaded and you've forced it?
Drew
Banned

23rd Apr 04 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

correct - prob been 'threaded' against the thread - and needs tapping (bot with a hammer lol) so the bolt screws into it fine
Tim
Site Administrator

23rd Apr 04 at 00:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Drew
quote:
Originally posted by Tim
it's not the driveshaft by the way -- it's a stub axle... Driveshaft finishes into the back of the hub...

its the constant velocity joint, which joins onto the driveshaft

...and the outer CV joint is connected to the hub, with a stub shaft, or 'stub axle'
R Lee

23rd Apr 04 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have no idea what you are on about
Tim
Site Administrator

23rd Apr 04 at 00:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we're discussing terminology for something that is one and the same assembly...
R Lee

23rd Apr 04 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok... carry on
Adam

23rd Apr 04 at 06:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the driveshaft assembly goes all the way from the diff in the gearbox and through the front hub as 1 solid lump with 2 joints on it (unless you leave the end in the box when you take the engine/box off, but that's another story)
Adam

23rd Apr 04 at 07:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go3asy

23rd Apr 04 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

na its not needing tapped again, was a clean "grind" , ill take a pic later of what its like, there abot 5 mm of it stile going out from the pin hole, maybe more

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just grinded back the drive shaft rod at the front to fit in center caps.. 23 database queries in 0.0106030 seconds