corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Arch work

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arch work
Calum1577

User status: Offline
20th Apr 04 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey folks. I have been told by SG Body Worx that they can make my 17" by 7" et 38 rims fit my Corsa B. They think that if take off the plastic arch and cut the metal away then weld it again, then stick the arches back on (tigerseal or whatever) that it will give me enough clearance. Anyone know if this is true and if it will work? Also n e one got pics of this done. Cheers. Also anyone know what kinda price i should pay???
Jambo

20th Apr 04 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont fit those wheels they are completely the worng offset. why bother handling will be shite and you can fit ET45+ 17"s with no arch work and have good handling!
Calum1577

20th Apr 04 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the handling is fine as i have had them on the car already. I want to keep these rims as i have fallen in love with them and thats the only offset they come in. I am thinking about also having an engineering company take 5mm off the back of them to make the offset 43. So that should help a bit. What do u all think?
AdiSRI

21st Apr 04 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely ET40 odd cant make that much diff to handling.

often with coilovers on et45 wheels u need spacers to bring them out to et40-42 anyway to clear the springs!!
Jambo

21st Apr 04 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the further you go from manafacturers offset the less good the handling will be if you really want the wheels that bad then give r-tec a shout.

Be carefull of arch clearence for you MOT as if ya wheels stick out too far theyll fail, let alone look silly
AdiSRI

21st Apr 04 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im geting et40, but have got psg archs going on.
i have been old et5 wont go on with coilovers...
Predator Corsa

21st Apr 04 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got ET37 there ok now, was a lot of scrubbing at the rear, but ive cut the metal arch back, and bonding the arches on at the mo with tigerseal, then gonna file the arches back, should have enough clearance
Mo

21st Apr 04 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesn't having et37 mean having your wheels stick out more, hence more track width, hence better handle, not worse
Greg_M

21st Apr 04 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you get ram lining in wheels less then et 40
corsa c14se

21st Apr 04 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lower offset does not make handling worse,if anything it makes it better.You increase the track of the car which is good.the bad thing is that you'll feel the car a bit softer than normal and you'll eat the bearings at a slightly increased rate which is not that tragic...
I'm running on 14" wheels with 195 tyre and 34 offset,german style, and the handling is fantastic! One upgrade you should do for better handling is to use a beter steering rack as the factory one is a total piece of s....
Trust me, with low offset/better steering rack you'll feel the difference,especially in a race rack or winding mountain roads!
Predator Corsa

21st Apr 04 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My steering is lighter now, which is better cos i dont have power steering
AdiSRI

21st Apr 04 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where can u buy 'better' steering racks?

New Poll