corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » pc help - very important

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author pc help - very important
liamC

User status: Offline
20th Apr 04 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The computer shop might also tell you to feck off and you've lost your warranty if they can tell you've been messing about with the hardware.
Reedy

20th Apr 04 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actualy its 2083mhz to be precise, u dont need to change the voltage settings, u dont need to change the multiplier either, those are used for overclocking.
AS i have told u before, its going to be the fsb settings.
Amd Athlons burn out at about 70 degrees.
Reedy

20th Apr 04 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its like where i work then they wont turn their backs on a customer. The warranty isnt voided when it is opened. The warranty will only be voided if physical dammage is created.
Because they are a small independant company they usually dont have a warranty contract for opening it up. u cant break the thing opening it up
Cybermonkey

20th Apr 04 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like i said, he dont want to be overclocking it. I remember on that really hot day last summer, i had the stock fan on and the processor got up to 80 degrees then shut itself down. I then proceded to the nearest computer shop for a meaty fan
Reedy

20th Apr 04 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u r very lucky, athlons usually burn out around the 70 mark, Durons are the best because they are made of ceramic they can take 90 degrees.
l33t corsa

20th Apr 04 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

60c is fine IMO. I regularly get over 60c, but then again it's completely silent Its when it starts crashing that you have a problem. I can run my heatsink passive if I want using a undervolted XP2500M... that gets to about 70c but is 100% stable.

BTW I wouldn't take off your heatsink unless you want to clean and re apply the thermal paste.

Also my NForce 2 mobo shows XP1700 if I set the fsb & multiplier settings to what an XP1700 should, XP1800 if I set them to XP1800 settings etc etc.
Cybermonkey

20th Apr 04 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not all motherboards can support that technology l33t, especially those with a VIA chipset. 60 degrees might well be stable, but you are reducing your performance by a substantial amount running at that temperature. Yes i was very lucky when mine hit 80c, no damage on chip apart from slight blackening of the the script written onto the chip however, it runs mega-cool now and has allowed me to increase the FSB a little, especially with MSI's corecenter software
l33t corsa

20th Apr 04 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The performance at 60 is the same as at 35. I have throttling set at 75c in the bios. So what if it reduces the life of the chip, it's not as if I'll be using it in 2 years anyway. The silence is bliss.

The barton is rated to 85c anyway. http://myplc.com/sony/docs/amd_processor_reference.html

The fan on my mum's laptop doesn't start until 65c. People are too paranoid about temperatures... motherboard temp reporting isn't wholey accurate anyway.
Cybermonkey

20th Apr 04 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I believe a happy PC, is a cool PC
Dan B

20th Apr 04 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine tends to only get up to 45-C (cpu-temp) and 30-C (mobo-temp) under very heavy load.

Then again, I do have two front-mounted fans, two rear-mounted fans (one case, one PSU), and one down-facing fan on the PSU...
koolkorsa

20th Apr 04 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite -update. Went to computer shop. And i made him show me the chip inside my computer and it did indeed says AMD2600 on it. He had the computer for a few hours after that and messed around with some settings in the bios. He's now got it saying 2600XP+ in windows device manager and on the boot up screen. He said he had to put in some jumpers onto the motherboard? All confusing the fuck out of me anyway.
Reedy

20th Apr 04 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reedy Wins Again.

I said in one of the posts abit further up that it is either the jumper or fsb settings in the bios

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll