corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » PROPER full roll cages...?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PROPER full roll cages...?
TOMAS

User status: Offline
19th Apr 04 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone running a PROPER bolt-in roll cage in their corsa? Im toying with the idea, want front and back but im a tad unsure how 'stripped' you need to be? Obviously the rear seat has to be ditched but does a lot of the internal plastic trim need to be removed other than the rear boot quaters, and what about the dash?

Also the fact ive got a five-door makes it all that bit iffier as five door with no rear seats = and im not sure how different the shell is, I think the whole floor pan is the same?

[Edited on 19-04-2004 by TOMAS]
miles

19th Apr 04 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have one in my nova.

Do you have a sunroof?

You want to make sure that the rear wheel arches are the same inside as thats where the rear cage feet bolt to.

I dont know how stripped it needs to be tbh, you might be able to fit it with the rear seats, if the rear feet can fit between the gap in back part and the bench (if corsa's have there?)

My cage fits very closely at all sides, so you might have to remove some of the plastic trim.
TOMAS

19th Apr 04 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, have a sunroof

This is probably more hassle than its worth at the end of the day Think their is a small gap between edge of back seat and outer shell but its small and I have back doors
PaulW

19th Apr 04 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.safetydevices.co.uk
TOMAS

19th Apr 04 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Link doesnt work : (
Marco The Corsa Man

19th Apr 04 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was toying with the idea for my 5door, but more for show than anything else, I thought about having one that starts next to the B pillars, follows them upto the roof, then curves backwards following the profile of the roof untill it gets over the rear seats, then curves back down to the tops of the supension mounts. Various cross members coulr join the top overhead bars. It would till keep the back seat usable and in polished stainles would look quite good, shouldn't be too hard to make.

The blue's just so it would show up.

For a full rollcage just run two bars down to the dash like in a 3door and add a few buts here and there. A fully caged 5door with 4 buckets would be top bannana.

[Edited on 19-04-2004 by Marco The Corsa Man]
SRi_m00k

20th Apr 04 at 04:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think i'm gonna bin the half rear cage after xmas and go full hog...loose the back seats and do a mad install around the ful cage!

New Poll