corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Transponder/Imobiliser unit.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Transponder/Imobiliser unit.
Marco The Corsa Man

User status: Offline
   11th Apr 04 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After installing my new lockset due to one of my keys being stolen I found out that my car has a chip-in-key transponder, but my two new keys are just plain keys. I need to get in touch with Vauxhall spares and get the right keys but will I be able to get transponder keys cut to my new lockset or do I need to fork out for another new set? and will I need to replace the unit on the car to match the new keys? .

Any ideas how much it'll cost? It was £50 for a complete lockset, if thats anything to go by.
bri

11th Apr 04 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take the chip out of the old key and tape it to the new one that will get u going again. A new key will cost about £20.00 but it will need coded to the car. Hope you have your transponder code you will need it to code new key
Marco The Corsa Man

11th Apr 04 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still have the spare key which wasn't stolen which Ive taken the chip out of in order to start the car, but I don't want to use the current transponder cos there will still be one out there that works even tho Ive changed all the locks. Ive got a feeling its gonna be a costly Job .

On another note, my cars a 96 montana and its got quite a few bits on it that are fron the 97> cars, Am I right in thinking that the in key transponder is one of the parts that is from the 97> cars aswell?

New Poll