corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C's with aftermarket bumpers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C's with aftermarket bumpers
AndyCorsa

User status: Offline
9th Apr 04 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wanted to know if there was anyway I could get the temperature reading on the MFD working again? Apparently the sensor for this is connected to the fog lights on the standard front bumper and won't work if aftermarket bumpers are fitted.
bubble

9th Apr 04 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bull shit.ha ha.
sum bumpers implement original fog lights. if this not the case unplug the fogs keep original loom and just keep sensor plugged in and mount somewhere
Paul H

9th Apr 04 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah the sensor for the mfd is in the lower grill so all you need to do is hook it up somewhere and like bubblevaux said use the original loom
AndyCorsa

9th Apr 04 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh this maybe be bull sh*t mate, but I wouldn't know as I don't work for Vauxhall
I have the Reiger front which doesn't implement the original fogs so I suppose I would have to keep the original loom. Has anyone else done this?
bubble

9th Apr 04 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsa
Yeh this maybe be bull sh*t mate, but I wouldn't know as I don't work for Vauxhall
I have the Reiger front which doesn't implement the original fogs so I suppose I would have to keep the original loom. Has anyone else done this?

all youd have to do would be do cable tie the wiring harness behind the bumper, there is a joint on the passenger side front where it unplugs. you can unplug it and re-route. alternatively, if the bumper comes with fogs, wire the fogs into the original wiring. dont cut the plugs off though, just pick up feeds from them. if u see behind the bumper you'll understand what we on abooooot
AndyCorsa

9th Apr 04 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsa

all youd have to do would be do cable tie the wiring harness behind the bumper, there is a joint on the passenger side front where it unplugs. you can unplug it and re-route. alternatively, if the bumper comes with fogs, wire the fogs into the original wiring. dont cut the plugs off though, just pick up feeds from them. if u see behind the bumper you'll understand what we on abooooot

Yeh I can see the joint on the passenger side. I think I know what your on about so I'll give it ago. You might hear from me if I come across any problems
Cheers mate
kev_corsa

9th Apr 04 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh, i just pugged mine back in and tied it onto my bumper with a bit of string
glasgow_corsa_c

9th Apr 04 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there sis 2 looms onthe front bumper...

one for temp and one for fogs.

unclip temp and tie it to ur new bumper
neiliosxi