corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MFD Problem!?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MFD Problem!?
Tidus

User status: Offline
9th Apr 04 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My MFD on Corsa B has been playing up recently, basically the bulbs in it are permanantly on even when i leave the car overnight they are still on when i go see it. What could be the Cause and Solution to this?

Cheers
DanielJ

buttons mayb jammed in
LukeGSi

have you re-wired it yourself with different bulbs ect??
Tidus

9th Apr 04 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got Leds of Cobra from ages ago! it has only ocurred since i disconnected the Headlight switch to paint the vent housing, but thats all been put back and checked.
Had a big problem tho when i was removing the switch, all my leds in the Dials & MFD blew including the fuse! They have been replaced now tho!???
LukeGSi

9th Apr 04 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

feck knows, sounds like they have permenent live from somewhere?? whack a post in ice and electrics or u2u cobra
PaulW

9th Apr 04 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tidus
Had a big problem tho when i was removing the switch, all my leds in the Dials & MFD blew including the fuse! They have been replaced now tho!???

I'd agree with born_upsideout...

if thaty happened then there is gona be a wire or connection somewhere shorting it so giving a permanent live. Not the easiest of cables to check the MFD one, and damn pricey to fix or replace cos its all behind the dash!
Tidus

9th Apr 04 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit! Don't like the sound of this!
Forgot to mention that the alarm buzzer for warning you that your lights are on also blew its fuse along with another fuse (cant remember the 3rd 1)
bubble

9th Apr 04 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the mfd has 3 sources of feed. one from light switch, one from radio and one from ignition switch. mfd's do muck up and stay on but this was mainly on l-m reg corsa's and the pcb's inside were adapted to remedy this. more than likely the light switch has gone dicky since removal and this might be keeping it on. when it is in fault condition remove the switch n c what happens
Tidus

9th Apr 04 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Guys, i'll try and check all the main feeds! and check the switch again, thanks.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MFD Problem!? 23 database queries in 0.0078099 seconds