corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Custom Front Bumper Help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Custom Front Bumper Help
Carb_Fanatic

User status: Offline
   7th Apr 04 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey, i have been given a combat front bumper which has seen better days!

i would like to flush the front of it to create a more smooth look to the bumper. now i know how to fibre glass for installs, but i am a total novice at bodywork so i was wondering if you guys can help me out with a few things?

i am thinking that the easiest way of doing this would be to cut away all the re-cessed parts and then lay aluminium mesh over the hole then fibre glass? would you agree or is there a easier / better way of doing it?

also will i need to leave a slight recess to allow for bodywork filler over the glass fibre? or wont this be needed?

cheers ppl
wezjax

7th Apr 04 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd cut recess away matt the rear then skim over front with filler.
Carb_Fanatic

9th Apr 04 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so filler on the bumper will be ok? wont it crack the first time i even touch the ground or anything?

AdamF
Premium Member

10th Apr 04 at 07:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it will so dont hit the ground mate no matter how strong it is the first time you hit it on the floor it may crack. you may get a away with it a few times but after while of doing it, it will crack

New Poll