corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Parts Offered » 15GB Portable MP3 Philips HDD100 - like an iPod

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 15GB Portable MP3 Philips HDD100 - like an iPod
Phil321

User status: Offline
29th Mar 04 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used only for about an hour tops as I got an iPod as a gift. Might aswell let someone else get the use out of it. Personally I think it looks better but I can't really sell a present Mega easy to use, comes boxed with warrenty, charger, all software, USB cable, headphones etc etc.

Read the spec and review below for more info.

u2u me if you're interested!

Despite a number of hard disk MP3 players hitting the market recently, none of them have come close to toppling the Ipod from its throne. But with the HDD100, Philips looks like it could have a serious contender.
Similar in size and with a sleek black and silver finish, it's on a par with Apple's device in the looks department, and its 15GB capacity puts it in the same league.

The HDD100, however, is lot more PC friendly and even has a USB2 port on the top so it can be connected directly to a PC without a cradle. Windows automatically recognises it as a removable hard disk and MP3s can be dumped straight to the HDD100 without any software.

But if you fancy going the software route, Philips' Digital Music Manager is a good choice. It compares the contents of the HDD100 with the PC, and synchronises the two at the touch of a button. Alternatively, the optical input can be used to record music directly.

The player is just as simple to use. The intuitive interface reads ID3 tags so tracks can be found by title, artist, album or genre. To make scrolling through large numbers of tracks easier, Philips has its Superscroll function: hold down the up or down cursor key and the list starts skipping by letter not individual tracks. Our only problem is that the screen can be slow to update, which soon gets annoying.

With a full charge the HDD100 has enough juice for five hours of playback, which is good enough most journeys, although a little short for a long-haul flight. Sound quality, depending on the bit rate of the track, is pretty good, although the supplied headphones should be replaced for best results. Despite a few minor interface niggles Philips has created the first worthy competitor to the Ipod.

www.philips.co.uk

Specifications:

15GB
USB2
Stereo headphone jack
WMA and MP3 playback
106 x 64 x 20 (h x w x d mm)
167g
dave17

29th Mar 04 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would i be able to plug this into my head unit do u know?
Phil321

29th Mar 04 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't looked into it but I know you can do it with an iPod. Thats my paln too, would be wicked. I am sure there will be a way of doing it as the iPod and this are the same type of thing.
Munchie

29th Mar 04 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£60 here
Phil321

29th Mar 04 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need a fair bit more than that Munch!
etting

29th Mar 04 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£100 here boss
Cavey

30th Mar 04 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They look VERY nice, good luck in selling it, personally (like he said) i think they look better than an iPod
Phil321

30th Mar 04 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the comments. Looking for about £150 for it.

u2u if interested!
Phil321

31st Mar 04 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phil321

31st Mar 04 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phil321

2nd Apr 04 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Parts Offered » 15GB Portable MP3 Philips HDD100 - like an iPod 25 database queries in 0.0097432 seconds