corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Replacing electronic equipment under house insurance / claim against electric supplier

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Replacing electronic equipment under house insurance / claim against electric supplier
PaulW

User status: Offline
25th Mar 04 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just out of interest... we had a nice 'surge' thismornin around 7am... its completely destroyed one of my servers (used to be the proxy), so now having to connect using main server

Also blew up the TV downstairs (it just wont work, replaced fuse but tv smells like burnt plastic), and also knocked out all the clock/alarms in the house!

Rang electric company before & there trying to tell me that the problem was not them & must be related to just our house, yet in work before I checked the UPS system on the works servers & that registered a sharp spike in the supply at 72 am...

Am I right in I can claim against the electric company & get it all sorted, or is it a case of trying household insurance & no doubt failing as the elecy company are denying the lot

well fooked off
BlueCorsa

25th Mar 04 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well you could claim under home contents insurance, but you'd end up paying your excess and may loose NCB.

Or you could take the electric company to Small Claims Court and try and get them to cough up that way. Just sending them the summons to court might get them to settle. Is there anyway you can get evidence from the UPS of the power spike occuring at the time you said?

T

[Edited on 2525/0303/0404 by BlueCorsa]
PaulW

25th Mar 04 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can get the logs from the works one, but I dont have a UPS at home

work is about 15 min walk from my house, so is local

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Replacing electronic equipment under house insurance / claim against electric supplier 23 database queries in 0.0090730 seconds