corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » i love teaching vauxhall new things

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author i love teaching vauxhall new things
bubble

User status: Offline
25th Mar 04 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
lol
Well you MAY get people that know what there doing, but vaux shouldn’t be like that - have a few good branches dotted around
However, labour costs are stupid as well, even at the Flitwick branch near me, its still pricey. And their diagnostic system is shocking too. Halfords stated that the ecu gave a error 64 (something to do with the idle value) but they couldn’t tell us what it is because their diagnostic system said "Please send car to main dealer" And vaux charge 40 quid (well riverside do) just to have a look
Overall, I think vaux have gone down hill alot and I believe that the branches shouldn’t be ran independently from each other as franchises. They should be all controlled by Vaux HQ, so each branch has the same quality as the nest one, thus a customer can take their car into another branch and know that the car will be dealt with correctly and knowing that it is in good hands. But this isn’t the case, especially with riverside Bedford

i understand that u are having a good moan because of a poor service etc but there are things that u can do. instead of whinging go to the dealer and get their dealer code off them. they have to give it to you. then ring vx customer care and quote that dealer number and express your concerns. as for the overpricing of tech2 i agree and disagree in some respects. to be told a fault at my work is 35. but we have loads of backstreet garages whocome to us for diagnostic then fuck off without paying. at the end of the day a tech has been taken off a job to read a fault with a car. if they charge 40 for a tech2 check go somewhere else and get somebody else to do it. all businesses have to make money-the tech2 is expensive and it is a money earner-businesses do that. the lease for the tech 2 from vx is expensive so the dealer needs to obviously make a profit after paying foe the equipment. then you have the costs of tis discs, and the maintainence. as for some dealerships being crap etc and vx governing the dealers as franchises this is true in a way bcuz vx hav control over all their dealers. they all have to meet iso9000 quality standards and if they dont the consumer must complain. every time someone complains about a dealer vx do take note. its seems bragging but my dealership are excellent. and last year we were voted 6th best dealership throughout the country(not just vx by the way, ford etc all included). for a garage with 30 techs and a bigger margin for error thats pretty good.

if u hav a prob with any vauxhall service-make yourself heard
RS6

25th Mar 04 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done m8 classic that!!!, i know what u mean, they treat like ur thick as shit, everytime u want something done!!!!!!!!!!
bubble

25th Mar 04 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fastevoboy
well done m8 classic that!!!, i know what u mean, they treat like ur thick as shit, everytime u want something done!!!!!!!!!!

eh??
RS6

25th Mar 04 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-crazy
vauxhall man - i cant fit these springs mate they will rub

Me- no they wont

vauxhall man - YES THEY WILL

me - mate , my arches are bonded on and screws removed and they 15 inch et 49 wheels THEY WONT RUB with a -60 gmax kit

vaux - we will have to see wont we/.

a few hours later ......

presto no rubbing HAH who wood of guessed it ?

REPLYING TO THE ABOVE
Kris TD

25th Mar 04 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everytime i go to the parts counter and over hear masterfit, i feel really sorry for the negligent customers who are getting severly ripped off by vauxhall for silly things. they charge like 30 quid to put a wing mirror on, it takes 2 minutes to do!
Dom

25th Mar 04 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
lol
Well you MAY get people that know what there doing, but vaux shouldn’t be like that - have a few good branches dotted around
However, labour costs are stupid as well, even at the Flitwick branch near me, its still pricey. And their diagnostic system is shocking too. Halfords stated that the ecu gave a error 64 (something to do with the idle value) but they couldn’t tell us what it is because their diagnostic system said "Please send car to main dealer" And vaux charge 40 quid (well riverside do) just to have a look
Overall, I think vaux have gone down hill alot and I believe that the branches shouldn’t be ran independently from each other as franchises. They should be all controlled by Vaux HQ, so each branch has the same quality as the nest one, thus a customer can take their car into another branch and know that the car will be dealt with correctly and knowing that it is in good hands. But this isn’t the case, especially with riverside Bedford

i understand that u are having a good moan because of a poor service etc but there are things that u can do. instead of whinging go to the dealer and get their dealer code off them. they have to give it to you. then ring vx customer care and quote that dealer number and express your concerns. as for the overpricing of tech2 i agree and disagree in some respects. to be told a fault at my work is 35. but we have loads of backstreet garages whocome to us for diagnostic then fuck off without paying. at the end of the day a tech has been taken off a job to read a fault with a car. if they charge 40 for a tech2 check go somewhere else and get somebody else to do it. all businesses have to make money-the tech2 is expensive and it is a money earner-businesses do that. the lease for the tech 2 from vx is expensive so the dealer needs to obviously make a profit after paying foe the equipment. then you have the costs of tis discs, and the maintainence. as for some dealerships being crap etc and vx governing the dealers as franchises this is true in a way bcuz vx hav control over all their dealers. they all have to meet iso9000 quality standards and if they dont the consumer must complain. every time someone complains about a dealer vx do take note. its seems bragging but my dealership are excellent. and last year we were voted 6th best dealership throughout the country(not just vx by the way, ford etc all included). for a garage with 30 techs and a bigger margin for error thats pretty good.

if u hav a prob with any vauxhall service-make yourself heard

Yes I have complained. I complained to the dealership and I also phoned up Vauxhall HQ to complain about the dealer Although I doubt anything has been done, or if it has they probably just phoned the dealership up and said "we have had blah blah customer complain, please don’t do it again"
And yes I am having a good moan because it is complete shite. Not only did it waste my time and my parent’s time, it pissed halfords around as they got brought into the debate. Vauxhall stated that the boot needed doing halfords said that it didn’t and it passed the MOT. Infact the manager at my local AA halfords said that he and another engineer did the job for my car and he and the engineer will testify this if it goes further. Vauxhall then said that it was dirt; again I phoned halfords to check this. Then on phoning riverside later, they said that it DID need doing. So they it did need doing, then it didn’t, then it did and then upon picking it up it was just dirt. No offence but the monkey that was doing it my car shouldn’t have been there in the first place

And yes, I do understand that the diagnostic equipment is expensive (only because Vauxhall need to make money), however it can’t be that technical to do. From what I understand its a simple case of plugging it in, reading the code and comparing it to a chart (correct me if im wrong ), therefore why does it cost 40 odd quid and why does a "trained" technician need to do the job? Surely common sense and a set of instructions would save all of this?
However, my point was, why couldn’t halfords have the equipment? The manager himself stated that Vauxhall only supplied a unit which is restricted of its features and therefore only the common codes can be read and therefore the customer is left to take the car to the dealer, thus pay more for something that they shouldn't

And yes, I also understand that you have to back them up in someway, because 1) you work for them and 2) your branch is obviously more clued up on how to fixed cars that they sell by the sounds of it, so you only have this to compare (Shame that im not closer then ), and im not having a moan at you directly just stating my views of Vauxhall
Although I must admit, my little corsa is a nice thing to drive and its very cheap and offers features that other similar price cars aren’t capable of offering . Its just customer services that seem to let all down

p.s - the paul essays are catching on
Greg_M

25th Mar 04 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bubblevox, you can tak about moaning about getting shte service, you are always winging about something. you attract it i rekon. the curse of vaux.
bubble

25th Mar 04 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greg12v
bubblevox, you can tak about moaning about getting shte service, you are always winging about something. you attract it i rekon. the curse of vaux.

yeah i moan to get results. u hav too!!!
as for the tech2. anyone can buy one from hewlett packard for 7k and the accessories. if u want the coding etc-get em from opel!!!
Greg_M

25th Mar 04 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and the upgrades, your looking at about 250 per CD upgrade
bubble

25th Mar 04 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And yes, I do understand that the diagnostic equipment is expensive (only because Vauxhall need to make money), however it can’t be that technical to do. From what I understand its a simple case of plugging it in, reading the code and comparing it to a chart (correct me if im wrong ), therefore why does it cost 40 odd quid and why does a "trained" technician need to do the job? Surely common sense and a set of instructions would save all of this?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

not necessarily. sumtimes the tech2 wont store a code and sumtimes the code it says can be due to a totally different fault. at the end of the day its a shame that the vauxhall brand is getting tarred bcuz of utter shite customer care, because at the moment the quality of the producy is vastly improvin. i am biased bcuz i love the product we sell and always have been. wot pisses me off is that a lot of the aftersales really let the customer down. i h8 the 'we've sold u the car now we dont want to know' attitude. its wrong. something has to be done. at work we have posters adorning the reception and there is one that really makes sense.
"attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference"

its true. and now main dealers have the wrong attitude!
bubble

25th Mar 04 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greg12v
oh and the upgrades, your looking at about 250 per CD upgrade

bang on 250
Joff

25th Mar 04 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-crazy
vauxhall man - i cant fit these springs mate they will rub

Me- no they wont

vauxhall man - YES THEY WILL

me - mate , my arches are bonded on and screws removed and they 15 inch et 49 wheels THEY WONT RUB with a -60 gmax kit

vaux - we will have to see wont we/.

a few hours later ......

presto no rubbing HAH who wood of guessed it ?

Ok, so lets say they tell you they'll fit with no problems... then 2 minutes down the road you find they start to rub - you're going to turn straight round and kick off because your wheels rub.
They're covering their backs by making sure you know they've told you they will rub. You agree to have them fitted regardless, so they're happy - you're happy because you know they'll fit perfectly - everyone's happy.
Yet you still moan.
broster
Premium Member

25th Mar 04 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so simply put joff
Joff

25th Mar 04 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that a compliment or do i have to come over there and pour engine oil over your hallway?
broster
Premium Member

25th Mar 04 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what did i do to deserve it that time!!!!
Nath

25th Mar 04 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My local vaux monkey was sound. We were chatting about his wifes calibra and what he's done to the engine. Then i said a c20xe would be nice in mine and he started to tell me what i should do to get the most from it He also assumed i knew my stuff as he said my centre section was blowing but then said you probably already knew that

But yes they are TRUE rip off merchants who take advantage of people with no knowledge of the car industry.
Joff

25th Mar 04 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Broster - that was your OWN doing - I never said "why don't you take off the gearbox and pour the contents about the house.." or did I?

Nath -Your centre section's blowing?? Not on your current exhaust system is it???

broster
Premium Member

25th Mar 04 at 21:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
Broster - that was your OWN doing - I never said "why don't you take off the gearbox and pour the contents about the house.." or did I?

i remember somthing similar being said, but you said pore it on my housemates bed! now thats a nasty thing to say
Rob H

25th Mar 04 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on the garage you go to i suppose, there is a big variance.

My local one is pretty good. Always mange to find the bit i want on the EPC. Best one was a sunglasses holder. Took them 3 mins max to find it, cause it was hidden away under some strange sub-catagory. Went to another dealer when i needed to get another one, and i was there 3/4 of an hour, until i told the bloke to go into the showroom and get the number off a car in there .

Nath

25th Mar 04 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff

Nath -Your centre section's blowing?? Not on your current exhaust system is it???

no no no, this was before i got it fitted
waynep

25th Mar 04 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i understand wot ur sayin joff ! btw they coodnt fit em n e ways ! i will find out more tomoz but looks like ill have to get new shcoks aswell

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » i love teaching vauxhall new things 23 database queries in 0.1925120 seconds