corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Tidying up wires etc....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tidying up wires etc....
Jgrant1285

User status: Offline
21st Mar 04 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright everybody at corsasport. This is my first thread and i want some advice please. The picture below is of my install, and i was wondering how you tidy up all your wires etc. I have alot of wires, For my amp, my sub, my 6x9's and my DAB tuner (located on the underside of my parcelshelf). I need to be able to take out my parcelshelf, so i need a quick and easy way of disconnecting the wires. And maybe you could give me a few tips on how to make my boot look cooler. Thanks alot..any advice will be gr8!!P.S my install is looking very basic at the mo.

My install
Houckham

21st Mar 04 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rocafella

21st Mar 04 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for posting the pic houckham
Jgrant - What my mate did in his clio was his 6x9's were connected to a 12v power connecter under the parcel shelf - dont know the ins and outs of it tbh, but when he wants to take the shelf out all he needs to do is take unplug the 6x9s at the connecter. Dunno if that helps - but im sure some ppl know about this connection in more detail. As for the cables round the amp and sub, i'd just go for taping them down to the mat. Really depends on how simple and descreet u want it all. Hope this was some help mate
danregs

21st Mar 04 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use cable ties / electricians tape to group wires

try not to group power and speaker wires, or power and RCA cables together.

hide your groups of cables under carpet (but where they wont be crushed) and behind trim panels

you can buy good quality connectors for disconnecting your parcel shelf wiring from autoleads and stuff

hope this helps

dan
thekemp

21st Mar 04 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use a computer molex connector to disconnect my 6 x 9's when taking my shelf out. you can buy whats called a 'nutrix' plug that allows you to do a similar thing but much better quality etc
mwg

21st Mar 04 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stealth shelf and some sort of false carpeted floor to hide wires under. For the speaker wires to the 6x9s us some telephone cable things but change the nail to a screw and screw them to back of seats and underside of parcel shelf.

New Poll