corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » slightly smokey................

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author slightly smokey................
JUGGA

User status: Offline
   18th Mar 04 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok car constantly lets out a slight bit of smoke not thick smoke and no bigger than the size of half a football.

should i be worried? its just bothering me cos no one else's corsa's do this who i know... i have a reciept of £337 worth of work taken out 1 year ago which includes pressure test,skimmed cylinder head,cylinder head gasket set, cylinder head bolts, radiator fan switch, blue 15w/40 5 litre, filter oil, antifreeze.

what do you guys think? im no expert but maybe needs new oil rings or head gasket set(£14.99)
JUGGA

18th Mar 04 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also if i rev it HARD lots of little bits of oil will come out, cannot see it come out or anything but mate parked his car behind mine and it had LOADS od VERY SMALL specs of oil over it from my exhaust.

come on lads what ya reckon i should do first...... compression test??? or change the oil seals and get a head gasket set? or what else???
bubble

18th Mar 04 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prob find that valve stem seals slighlty leaking. nothing excessive n shud b ok, but if gets worse ans start burning oil(blue smoke), get the head stripped and change stem seals

New Poll