corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Shall i ditch my 6x9's and get better speakers up front?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Shall i ditch my 6x9's and get better speakers up front?
Nath

User status: Offline
14th Mar 04 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been readng how 6x9's and a sub near each other can actually make the system sound worse. So i am considering selling my stealth shelf and 6x9's to make way for better speakers up front. Is this a good idea or is the whole 6x9's + sub thing nonsense?

MC Kustoms

14th Mar 04 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

def get ride of them m8 i did and will never get them again get better speakers up front
Nath

14th Mar 04 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think i may put them up for sale. They are good ones too and the shelf is a real decent one. Should help fund better door speakers. Whats the maximum mounting depth for door speakers? Assuming i dont get custom pods or anything.
Dr Pepper

15th Mar 04 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have come to this decision as well, always had 6x9s until i recently saw the light.....when i get the mini im buying the best componants i can possibly afford----seen some mb quartz for about 350--the distortion i used to get(especially with guitar lead music, or anything with lots of treble) has disapeared since ditching the parcel shelf
Nath

15th Mar 04 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bye bye parcel shelf. I think i'm gonna pop to a scrappy on friday and get a standard shelf again. Then sell the stealth shelf, 6x9's, and current infinity door speakers and buy better door speakers.

Might take my rear seats out too, will that improve the sound from the sub as there will be no objects between the sub and myself?
mwg

15th Mar 04 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Bye bye parcel shelf. I think i'm gonna pop to a scrappy on friday and get a standard shelf again. Then sell the stealth shelf, 6x9's, and current infinity door speakers and buy better door speakers.

Might take my rear seats out too, will that improve the sound from the sub as there will be no objects between the sub and myself?

I found when i had my rear seats folded down my sub didnt sound as bassy but was a bit louder! Dont know if that makes any sense!
corsa_gaz

15th Mar 04 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im going to buy some componants for front speaker and im thinkin of dithcing my 6x9's but would i be better off just having just now my subs in the bk....or should i buy some components to go in the rear aswell
mwg

15th Mar 04 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u got the cash get some comps in back too but fade the sound to front about 75/80%. you dont really need speakers in the back IMO just a decent set in the front with an amp to power them
corsa_gaz

15th Mar 04 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would i need a seperate amp to run them...or can i have my subs and components runnin of the same amp
chadjpr

16th Mar 04 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4 channels mate be perfik, bridge for the amp and other two for a good set components for front
chadjpr

16th Mar 04 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry bridge for the sub not amp
DC

16th Mar 04 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U should always hav a good set of speakers in the front but i stil think u need some speakers in the back for rear fill. I agree with the comment about fading the sound fwd tho but i think once u hav a couple of subs a set of good speakers in the rear to back up the sound in the front is best. Of course personal opinion!!

[Edited on 16-03-2004 by DC]
Nath

16th Mar 04 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think i'll upgrade the door speakers, then fade them to the front and see what happens.

New Poll