corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car Back From CARWORX.....40mm Lower :D

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car Back From CARWORX.....40mm Lower :D
MattyB

User status: Offline
   14th Mar 04 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Picked me car up from carworx today, they dropped me 306 and sprayed up my louvred bonnet

Nothing went to plan tho......seized drop links up front on both sides, seized torsion bar, paint reaction with cheapo primer Cool louvres used, rear dropped low, still waiting for eibachs to settle

Anyways, 2 days late........but nevermind.....it's out looking alot smarter and lower Handles like a bloody go-cart, its spot on.

Definately recommend carworx for any bodywork/mechanics if u live in Herts. Very honest people and excellent prices.

Matt

[Edited on 14-03-2004 by MattyB]
Adam-D

14th Mar 04 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweet
MattyB

14th Mar 04 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers......i'm happy
AdamF
Premium Member

14th Mar 04 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good matt
MattyB

14th Mar 04 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers geez
Drew
Banned

14th Mar 04 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 weeks ago u were praising cool louves - now ya saying they used cheap primer

ur car has been left to the elements for 2 weeks ?(or however long) how u know its due to cheap primer?
Scandalous

14th Mar 04 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good mate. whereabouts are carworx based and dya have a rough idea of much they'd charge to fit springs on to a corsa c sri?
M Sutton

14th Mar 04 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how many notches did they lower the rear buy?
MattyB

14th Mar 04 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Drew

ur car has been left to the elements for 2 weeks ?(or however long) how u know its due to cheap primer?

2 weeks ago i didnt know the primer was cheap did i Drew?? Only found out once i went to get the bonnet sprayed up that the stuff is notorious for the reaction that they got!! Once i described the can type/colour etc, the geeza straight away knew the issue!

i feel touched that u remember my posts from 2 weeks ago in detail tho

I left my smooth boot on my corsa for a month before i got it sprayed up, and the bodyshop sorted that no probs! Same with my BB bonnet etc

Matt
Drew
Banned

14th Mar 04 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MattyB
quote:

2 weeks ago i didnt know the primer was cheap did i Drew?? Only found out once i went to get the bonnet sprayed up that the stuff is notorious for the reaction that they got!! Once i described the can type/colour etc, the geeza straight away knew the issue!

I left my smooth boot on my corsa for a month before i got it sprayed up, and the bodyshop sorted that no probs! Same with my BB bonnet etc

Matt

im glad - i feel we have something special here
MattyB

14th Mar 04 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scandalous110884
looking good mate. whereabouts are carworx based and dya have a rough idea of much they'd charge to fit springs on to a corsa c sri?

They are up near Codicote, near Stevenage mate. They did my front springs for £25 a side. I'm sure the corsa C will be roughly the same sorta price. Their number is: 01438 871188. Give em a bell.....friendliest bodyshop ppl i've ever come across!

Matt
MattyB

14th Mar 04 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M Sutton
how many notches did they lower the rear buy?

Thats just one "notch" mate. Usually drop the car 40-45mm, but in my case, the car was sitting high to start, and so the total drop was like 60mm Which is too much of a drop for me really....the car doesnt look so level, so i'm gonna book it back in to have it done in "increments", and get them to match the heights.
MattyB

14th Mar 04 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MattyB
quote:

Matt

im glad - i feel we have something special here

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

14th Mar 04 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice, keep it up

colour code ?
MattyB

14th Mar 04 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
very nice, keep it up

colour code ?

cheers mate.........

i'm not sure on the colour code coz i've seen a few sigma blue 306s all C-C'd, but i personally dont like it. Its all a bit too much.

Due to the fact i have tints, i'm thinking of going along the lines of having the strips, bumper tops and boot strip sprayed in a dark grey metallic (like anthracitey).......to keep it nice and broken up, but without the need to constantly back2black the thing!

any more ideas?

Matt
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

14th Mar 04 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't think of anything at this moment, looks pretty good so far
MattyB

14th Mar 04 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kris TD

14th Mar 04 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wont be cheap primer, will just be a different type, some paints react with another, thats why you should use a barcoat/isolater.
MattyB

15th Mar 04 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kris TD
wont be cheap primer, will just be a different type, some paints react with another, thats why you should use a barcoat/isolater.

yes. soz Kris i dunno wot that means but i know u know ur stuff so i'll agree!!

Matt
JKGSI

15th Mar 04 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you might be dissapointed waiting for the eibachs to settle, I had them on my old 306 and they didn't go any lower after a year, than when they were first fitted. Torsion bars can be lowered (if done properly) any amount, not just in notches. If it has been done incorrectly it can lead to problems with rear trailing arm bearings.

Looks better but lower front springs would be better IMO
MattyB

15th Mar 04 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair douz......the guy at the garage said the opposite about the settling, but i'll just see how it goes.

Nah, for work purposes i cant go any lower. The rear is too low anyway.

The rear was done in notches, but the bars were totally removed and regreased, and all new parts used, so it was done correctly. However, I has dropped too much so i'm gonna book it back in with them to get the rear done increments to match the front. I have a post on the "General Chat" forum on the PGAC site where it has been prooved that this method doesnt put any extra strain on parts, compared to the increment method, as long as its done right.

I dont wanna use another brand of springs, coz the comfort and handling of the Eibachs is unrivalled......and eibach only do a 30mm set I definately couldnt live with a -50mm up front on a cheapo spring with the amount of miles i do!!!

cheers the geez

Matt

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car Back From CARWORX.....40mm Lower :D 23 database queries in 0.1941950 seconds