corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MY BABY INTERCOOLER!!!!! AH!!!!!!!!!

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MY BABY INTERCOOLER!!!!! AH!!!!!!!!!
Greg_M

User status: Offline
16th Mar 04 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

70bhp but its rapid. erm, if its that rapid its not 70bhp
Virtue

16th Mar 04 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*sighs*

Just visit these forums for the first time in ages and I see nothing's changed - arguments and 'mine is better than yours' attitude.

I have Corsa B 1.2 16v SXi. I have a loud exhaust on it (full system) and have it lowered 40mm. Just havin a laugh really, because my car's slow as fcuk. I've had it a year now, and it bores me to death. I want shot of it because it's slooow. Why did I buy it then? Well, I stacked my last car, so didnt want to pay an arm n a leg for insurance so got the SXi. I didn't buy it thinking it was rapid (lol), so don't try that one on me.

One thing I'm not afraid to admit is - it's not (yes, NOT) rapid. Get me?

Oh but hang on mate! Let me guess? You're car will DUST mine because it's 77bhp rather than 65bhp that mine is. Oh I've got my K&N too so it's probably around 67bhp with the full system. Raaaz

Diesels will never rule over petrols. Nuff said. Put a full system on a diesel and what does it sound like? A friggin' diesel. Poo, pish. I'm 18, and I hear a dumper and say, 'ohh, dumper' - then if I hear it's a diesel say, 'haha, it's a diesel' and 'why put a dump valve on a diesel?'.

Diesels: For businessmen (coz they're economic), people who don't care about performance and your mum. Oh, and clueless people who think petrols will be second best to diesels.

Awwwwight son! lol...

Laters!
Virtue

16th Mar 04 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"oooh dumper"

er, hang on a sec - it's a focus estate turbo diesel!

"yeah, but it's rapid man"

you need to get to the detox centre rapid man
Greg_M

16th Mar 04 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed
Adam-CorsaC18s

16th Mar 04 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Virtue
*sighs*

Just visit these forums for the first time in ages and I see nothing's changed - arguments and 'mine is better than yours' attitude.

I have Corsa B 1.2 16v SXi. I ...

.. and clueless people who think petrols will be second best to diesels.

Awwwwight son! lol...

Laters!

Totalmont agreedimento...

And Im in same boat as you Virtue, re the car, doing it up, gettin it for insurance. Im well bored of mine now. Either want summat faster or an engine conversion. (thinkin of 1.7tdi - think not!! more like Z20LET)
Bonzai

16th Mar 04 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
*sighs*

seems like u just described yourself there pretty much
bubble

16th Mar 04 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by born_upsideout
@ this thread!! There are some fools registered to this site

the only fools are the ones who have to pipe up and say your car is shite etc.
vibrio
Banned

16th Mar 04 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
*sighs*

I have Corsa B 1.2 16v SXi. I have a loud exhaust on it (full system) and have it lowered 40mm. Just havin a laugh really, because my car's slow as fcuk. I've had it a year now, and it bores me to death. I want shot of it because it's slooow. Why did I buy it then? Well, I stacked my last car, so didnt want to pay an arm n a leg for insurance so got the SXi. I didn't buy it thinking it was rapid (lol), so don't try that one on me.

Oh but hang on mate! Let me guess? You're car will DUST mine because it's 77bhp rather than 65bhp that mine is. Oh I've got my K&N too so it's probably around 67bhp with the full system. Raaaz

Diesels will never rule over petrols. Nuff said. Put a full system on a diesel and what does it sound like? A friggin' diesel. Poo, pish. I'm 18, and I hear a dumper and say, 'ohh, dumper' - then if I hear it's a diesel say, 'haha, it's a diesel' and 'why put a dump valve on a diesel?'.

Diesels: For businessmen (coz they're economic), people who don't care about performance and your mum. Oh, and clueless people who think petrols will be second best to diesels.

Awwwwight son! lol...

Laters!

you like young boys don;t you
LukeGSi

16th Mar 04 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux

if you can find anywhere in this thread i piped up and said your car is shite ill gladly STFU
Kris TD

16th Mar 04 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i believe there was a diesel corsa that beat beardy's 2l 16v up the strip last summer!!!
did have 170 bhp mind.
bubble

16th Mar 04 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
*sighs*

Awwwwight son! lol...

Laters!

your first bit was pretty good, but then u lost it.why put a dump valve on a diesel. well they come standard on high pressure turbos whether petrol or diesel. and why you say ha ha its a diesel? cut they aint slow. good economy. MORE TUNING THAN PETROL-25 BHP FROM £435. you cant get a power box for that. diesels run at lower temps-therefore less strain on engine, and able to cope with hard driving. plenty of torque means hills are a doddle and with 5 people in still pulls, unlike petrols which on some models struggle.
and petrol soon being second best to diesel is my opinion. and a lot of people might rather have a 1.9diesel that is 150bhp, rather than a 1.8 that is a mere 123bhp.

and for an earlier comment about top of the range models that are diesel, how about the Vectra/Signum 3.0 V6CDTi Elite.
or the new jag diesel-top of the range.
or the alfa jtd?
or the vw passat?
or the audi range-all have diesels in the most luxury models.

and last for people saying that 70bhp is slow, then think like this. your 1.2 corsa is 75bhp yes, but at 5500rpm. my little tractor gets 70bhp at about 3200rpm. fine itll only do 100, but its quality.
bubble

16th Mar 04 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

if you can find anywhere in this thread i piped up and said your car is shite ill gladly STFU

sorry my bad
LukeGSi

16th Mar 04 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

listen mate at the end of the day its YOUR car, if you like it and you think its quick then good on you!! I personally have nothing what so ever against diesels (fuck anythings better than a saxo ) Id suggest rather than attempting to convince everyone else how good it is just enjoy it!!
bubble

16th Mar 04 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
listen mate at the end of the day its YOUR car, if you like it and you think its quick then good on you!! I personally have nothing what so ever against diesels (fuck anythings better than a saxo ) Id suggest rather than attempting to convince everyone else how good it is just enjoy it!!

pmsl about paxo. ur right each to their own. some like brown,some like pink. some girls swallow, some girls have no choice. i personally now prefer my diesel to my petrol.
Cybermonkey

17th Mar 04 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
*sighs*

Awwwwight son! lol...

Laters!

your first bit was pretty good, but then u lost it.why put a dump valve on a diesel. well they come standard on high pressure turbos whether petrol or diesel. and why you say ha ha its a diesel? cut they aint slow. good economy. MORE TUNING THAN PETROL-25 BHP FROM £435. you cant get a power box for that. diesels run at lower temps-therefore less strain on engine, and able to cope with hard driving. plenty of torque means hills are a doddle and with 5 people in still pulls, unlike petrols which on some models struggle.
and petrol soon being second best to diesel is my opinion. and a lot of people might rather have a 1.9diesel that is 150bhp, rather than a 1.8 that is a mere 123bhp.

and for an earlier comment about top of the range models that are diesel, how about the Vectra/Signum 3.0 V6CDTi Elite.
or the alfa jtd?
or the vw passat?

and last for people saying that 70bhp is slow, then think like this. your 1.2 corsa is 75bhp yes, but at 5500rpm. my little tractor gets 70bhp at about 3200rpm. fine itll only do 100, but its quality.

Yeah but while you are busy changing into 3rd gear, the petrol is still screaming away in 2nd and waving goodbye to you
Gambit

17th Mar 04 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
or the alfa jtd?
or the vw passat?

yes they all have diesel options but they are not the top of the range

this could go on forever

end of the day people buy diesels with economy in mind

BeArDy

17th Mar 04 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kris TD
i believe there was a diesel corsa that beat beardy's 2l 16v up the strip last summer!!!
did have 170 bhp mind.

who you hear this off
my car has only ever been up the strip once and that was 0-60 with a Audi RS

a Diesel corsa beating a 2lt 16v
Patrick

17th Mar 04 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
it pisses me off how people on here say oh its not rapid what u drove before blah blah. its my car so why they so bothered.

I only got up to this point and lost interest. Couldn't be bothered to read anymore. Rapid? Think the word you are looking for is nippy. Rapid is something that someone drives and thinks 'woh, fuck me!! A 1.3 70bhp Corsa does not do this!

FPMSL!!
Kris TD

17th Mar 04 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
quote:
Originally posted by Kris TD
did have 170 bhp mind.

who you hear this off
my car has only ever been up the strip once and that was 0-60 with a Audi RS

a Diesel corsa beating a 2lt 16v

perhaps it wasnt you. it was a cossvaux converted 2.2dti16v corsa with remap and bigger intercooler!
bubble

17th Mar 04 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gambit
quote:
or the alfa jtd?
or the vw passat?

yes they all have diesel options but they are not the top of the range

this could go on forever

end of the day people buy diesels with economy in mind

elite is totr. and so is the jag.
Cybermonkey

18th Mar 04 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is pretty much always the V6/V8 petrol that is the top of the range. However there are some that go against this rule, like the mondeo ST diesel and Skoda Fabia Vrs

<<  5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MY BABY INTERCOOLER!!!!! AH!!!!!!!!! 23 database queries in 0.2034020 seconds