corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how to remove sticker?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how to remove sticker?
Trucido

User status: Offline
11th Mar 04 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can i remove the CLS ?

Graham

11th Mar 04 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or for de-badging the car like the "breeze" stickers on the side or the Vauxhall or Corsa badges on the back there have been numerous ways, however i feel mine works best for me.
Firstly clean the area well really give the badge and area a good clean and dry off. then with mummies hair dryer or a heat gun on a LOW settin go over the badge back and forth for about a minute or two, i used a 45p ice scraper from Wilko (looks like a credit card but has a slanted side) to scrape the badge off, but slowly push it underneath the badge and heat the badge just infront of the ice scraper and slowly move it forward pushin the badge off.
right now the badge is off u will be thinkin Sh*t look at the mess, dont worry, now clean the area again makin sure theres no dirt or owt and dry off. with the hair dryer again heat up the glue and scrap it off again but not all of it will not come off.
I tried using Bug and Tar remover but that didnt work, i tried an eraser but nothin either, so using an old pair of tights i started scrubbing it off. this will kill your hand but it'll be worth it. i did about an hours worth of scrubbin then heated the glue up again and scrapped some more off, then went back to the tights. Keep repeating this method and it will come off and the results are great.
Graham

11th Mar 04 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there we go a little long i know but ive taken off the 12v sticker on mine
Trucido

11th Mar 04 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol cheers m8
Gambit

11th Mar 04 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just pick it off then rub of the glue residue with white spirit/petrol/tar remover

easy peasy
Kris TD

11th Mar 04 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was bout too say, peel the badge off, then remove the glue with a toffee wheel attached to a drill. job done.
2 minute job max.

New Poll