corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » problem getting colour back on red car with de rub strip and badging

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author problem getting colour back on red car with de rub strip and badging
Go3asy

User status: Offline
7th Mar 04 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any tips ? t cut gets mst of it back but u can still see it in light where the strips have been!!!

any ideas on how much a respray would be for the car, same colour (flame red) as theres also a few sports of rust coming up i'd like sorted
Go3asy

10th Mar 04 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
Kris TD

10th Mar 04 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go and buy one of those electric buffers, they are really cheap, whack some t-cut on it and go over the whole car, will make a huge difference, then do the same with polish.
Graham

10th Mar 04 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or just put up with it and let the unercolour fade a lil worked wit mine can hardly see it unless ure nose is touchin
Go3asy

10th Mar 04 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u mean let the rest of the car fade ? no i want to be able to psoray a kit and the colours match

i have some bits of rust soming through aswell, any ideas on fixing this ?

i want your colour coded red front bumper! the std 1, and your PS2 let me buy
Greg_M

10th Mar 04 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fully respray, and laquer. its the only way.

oh and buy the way. once youve got rust, you'll only slow it down, never get rid of it unless you take it down to bare metal.
Go3asy

10th Mar 04 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when the car is resprayed its down tot he bare metal aint it, how much u think for the outer car to get resprayed same colour (flame red) ?
Nath

10th Mar 04 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have this also, i am getting my door resprayed instead, its got scratches on anyway so might as well.
Go3asy

11th Mar 04 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much u reckon to get my car resprayed ? just the outer as its going to be the same colour again (flame red) , inc an already fitted/primed kit, also colour coding of arches, fitted/primed m3 mirrors ?? alot of labour wont be needed with stripping it out because its only the outer car that needs done (rust, chips, fided, kit ect)

i will prep all the plastic stuff with plastic primer 1st , i.e arches, handles, boot handle, the kit wil already be primed.

[Edited on 11-03-2004 by Go3asy]
Kris TD

11th Mar 04 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, they only go down to the bare metal if any rust of filling needs to be done. other than that just spray striahgt over the existing paintwork.
the paint vauxhall used is crap and fades, get it sprayed in a synthetic paint and it shouldnt fade anywhere near like the origanal paint has done.
Go3asy

13th Mar 04 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sp how much u think ? the kit i will fit i will rub down and prime the plastic things like handles, arches, fit them back on, and then let them respray the car on the outside only in same colour inc the kit obv over the existing paint but rub down and fix like 5 spots of rust around the car
Adam

13th Mar 04 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Go3asy
any tips ? t cut gets mst of it back but u can still see it in light where the strips have been!!!

any ideas on how much a respray would be for the car, same colour (flame red) as theres also a few sports of rust coming up i'd like sorted

Mines flame red, I've just used a bit of rubbing compound, tis great stuff
Go3asy

13th Mar 04 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats that ?!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » problem getting colour back on red car with de rub strip and badging 23 database queries in 0.0097449 seconds