corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » AOL Transfer of DSL Number Rejected

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author AOL Transfer of DSL Number Rejected
PaulW

User status: Offline
4th Mar 04 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Wednesday March 3, 2004 23:520

Dear ????????,

Your ADSL order was rejected because BT has informed us there is an Incompatible Product on your line. You can contact BT on 150 to discuss this further.

If for any reason you have any queries about this please call 0800 376 4406 for assistance.

Kindest Regards,
AOL Broadband Team

This makes me laugh, they say I can't transfer my broadband number as we had our number changed due to the fact we had nuescence(sp) calls...

Its the same line, just a new number... So apparently BT say I can't have any sort of DSL number on this line??? Hmmmmm so how come I'm currently connected via DSL then....

This is making my head hurt
CorsaLad16v

4th Mar 04 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm BT r ghey
Nismo

4th Mar 04 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they could have Dax'd your line , no dax lines can have ADSL,
Pablo

4th Mar 04 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah
PaulW

4th Mar 04 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah...

but...

I'm already connected via a 512k DSL connection as we speak on this VERY number & line!!

AOL just answered me on the phone, am on hold biiig style, and the people there trying to contact swear I can't have a DSL connection on this line

BUT I ALREADY HAVE IT DAMMIT!!!!!

[Edited on 04-03-2004 by PaulW]
Nismo

4th Mar 04 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if there is an ADSl service on the line this will be why, you have to fully cancel the service, and then get re register with AOL,

all ISP take the information from BT's logs and if it shows ADSL on the line allready it returns the test as failed , cancle and then resubscribe and you will be fine.
PaulW

4th Mar 04 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

noooo LOL

ok Ill start again...

I had DSL on our old number, which we had changed via BT as we had nasty calls & the police helped us get it done...

ringing AOL to let them know, as I have to cos of the dsl connection, they told bt about it

but apparently I cant change the number as dsl isnt available on this line & wasnt on the old one

so how come i have it??

its the same ISP, its just a routine change of details which should go through fine, but bt are being quite ghey about it!
dj_mikey_k

4th Mar 04 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BT enable the line on ure phone line, not the number, the number is away of identifying which line goes into which house,
dj_mikey_k

4th Mar 04 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just thinking about how gay AOL are....

I got my DSL line when AOL was the first people to introduce it. Before any1 else, anyway it was suppost to be 50quid back then....so for 12 months i was paying 50quid, i ended up sacking that off trying to go wid pipex, pipex said that they wud cost the same as aol so i thought fuck it, i'll go back to AOL, rang em back up and said i wanna rejoin, so they said ok, we'll reactivate ure account, log on as normal, This was early 2000, when i canciled my AOL account in 2003, i rang up to cancile and to ask them to remove the DSL subscrition on my line so i cud migrate to Plus.net.

They answered that i was'nt using DSL and was connecting via Dial up.....and they was only charging me for £7.99 for there unlimted dial up traffif, then they decided to tell me that i had to back pay for the 3 years 4 that
CorsaLad16v

4th Mar 04 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it works fine y not carry on using it anyway? act dumb about it all

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » AOL Transfer of DSL Number Rejected 23 database queries in 0.0104010 seconds