corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How to install a cd player?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How to install a cd player?
Devilish_Nitro

User status: Offline
   29th Feb 04 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hiya

Im getting a new cd player next week and the cd player im buying doesn't come with free fitting. I was just wondering if anyone knows any sites that explains how to install a cd player becuase i don't really want to pay/wait for a person to come out and install it.

Thanks
Devilish_Nitro

2nd Mar 04 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump, any ideas??
mwg

2nd Mar 04 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont know of any sites that will show u but its easy enough mate. buy stereo keys from somewhere like Halfords if you dont have them allready. use them to pull the old stereo out so u have access to behind it. disconnect the aerial and the multi-plug sockets from the back of the unit. the stereo should now come out. then prise out the 'cage' that is in there, u might need to bend it a bit. put the new cage in and bend the teeth up using a screwdriver. this is to stop the cage moving round. there will probably be a piece of metal that screws into the back off your new cd player in the middle. plug the multi-plug in to the new cd players wiring loom then into the back of the cd player. plug the aerial in. push the cd player into the hole, recommend taking the front of the cd player if it has a anti-theft face to avoid damaging it (this might take a bit of wiggling around to get the screwed in piece of metal into the supporting hole at the back of the dash) u should be able to get your hands round the back of the dash in the passenger footwell to help guide it in. the head unit should eventually 'click' into place. then put the plastic surround on the front that hides the cage. job done. sorry if this doesnt help but its hard to describe in writing with no pictures! good luck
mwg

2nd Mar 04 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont know wot car urs is but there is a tutorial for doing the Corsa C in the Tutorial & FAQ section which might be of help. even if urs isnt a corsa C it give u an idea how to do it better than my help!
Devilish_Nitro

2nd Mar 04 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah excellent! thanks mate, ill have a look at that, not sure i have the key tho, dunno where that would be. BTW i do have a corsa c so that tutorial should help

New Poll