corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Am I being naive...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Am I being naive...
ed

User status: Offline
29th Feb 04 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or is this the biggest loada shite in the world?

http://www.againsttcpa.com/
nik

29th Feb 04 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks rubbish to me, only had a VERY quick look though
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Feb 04 at 17:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks a bit scaremonger-ish.

I fail to see how open source software will simply stop working.
PaulW

29th Feb 04 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like what I have heard of many people regarding Longhorn.

Like how XP & Windows ME/2000 has Signed Drivers & warns if there not signed by microsoft, therefor not trusted, in longhorn you will only be able to use microsoft-certified drivers AND this will also apply to software, as it must contain a cryptographic key, or signature, which microsoft will only allow to be used on certain applications they see fit to allow users to run. So there again goes the world of open-source for the Windows platform & also the ability to create your own programs!

SCO don't help with there lawsuits against the Linux community & now demanding people pay 'royalties' and liscences for something which is free and has been for quite some time now!
ed

29th Feb 04 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, reding the FAQ on that site sends my bullshit detector crazy. I don't think that Microsoft, IBM, Intel and all the other companys can just simply decide to make all software stop working if its not compatable with the 'fritz' chip you'll need to have. It must be illegal. And anyway, think of the logistics. Every computer in the whole world would need to be upgraded and connected to the interent. Aint gonna happen.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Am I being naive... 23 database queries in 0.0107138 seconds