corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Todays work, help needed, Spraying/prepping etc...+ steering problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Todays work, help needed, Spraying/prepping etc...+ steering problem
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
28th Feb 04 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Instead of making lots of small posts everywhere, i am gonna type everything here.........= Easier

Right, have started to smooth wiper hole over, got mesh stuck to back with P40, weird shit that is, never seen it before, can see why people think its like alien goo does it matter if its all over ur hands???
gonna put some more p40 on tomorrow....

have got bootlock surround off, sanded it smooth, primed it. well half way through priming, but where i've primed it u can now notice some rough bits where the small scratches have shown up, will filler primer be alright to use on that?

and steering/handling is gay, gots lots of play in steering, car wanders alot, is knocking when rocks steering left to right, and the wheels kinda squirm when car is bouncing/rocking............any ideas?
got my suspension going on soon so want to tell garage to fix whatever it is?

desperate for my HT leads to arrive too, car is running on three cylinders in the morning......fuck me this has been a long post...
3CorsaMeal

28th Feb 04 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

primed my new handles too, they came out smooth....
Red_SXi

28th Feb 04 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of interest mate, have you got the Koni's yet? Koni haven't contacted me at all apart from sending me an invoice.
3CorsaMeal

28th Feb 04 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, they sat in garage
3CorsaMeal

1st Mar 04 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt, anyone know about the steering probs?
GIBBS

1st Mar 04 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3CM, that will be something to do with steering rack 90% or could just be bushes causing the play, knocking.. jack it up and check bushes etc... or the rack could be bust.
3CorsaMeal

1st Mar 04 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i been worried it may be the rack
M2RTY

1st Mar 04 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can get them quick racks for 100 notes - cheaper then normal ones and better
3CorsaMeal

1st Mar 04 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where from?
M2RTY

1st Mar 04 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

answers:

use them thin plastic gloves, stops it getting on your hands, filler comes off easy but fibreglass takes a while

the scratches in the primer, what are u sanding it with? up to 400 gritt u might see scratches, priming it will fill some, then go over it with 800 up to 1200 to smooth it again untill u cant feel/see anything

3CorsaMeal

1st Mar 04 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers marv

have got its all smooth now, used that yellow filler primer, and sanded alot with 800 grit
M2RTY

1st Mar 04 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try 1200 mate, makes such a difference, ull see that it takes hardly anything off

i also prime the area and feel with my eyes closed to see if i can feel any lumps, look at the way shadows/reflections move across it too to see if its flat

quick rack - ask on mig?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Todays work, help needed, Spraying/prepping etc...+ steering problem 23 database queries in 0.0134530 seconds