corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Hi folks! looking to get a Corsa C, any advice?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hi folks! looking to get a Corsa C, any advice?
Sando

User status: Offline
   26th Feb 04 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi folks, Im an official Vauxhall convert!! o

Im looking to get a Corsa C SXI soon, Im either looking at a brand new one or a year old one. I was just wondering what sort of price I should be looking at and if I get a year old one, what sort of things I should be looking at, i.e Bodywork, engine, electrics etc... that might need some attention.

Im a bit of an audiophile so will be looking at upgrading the ICE first of all, Im looking at some Crystal 6.5" comps up front and an a/d/s 12" sub in the boot all powered by a Crystal 240.4 (I dont know the product codes of the rest of the stuff!) I already have a Pioneer DEH-8400 HU. I kniow I will need a facia adapter from autoleads and the ISO socket. What Im not to sure of is whether the display on the top of the dash will work with my HU and whether the remote controls (on the steering wheel, if there is any!) will work?

Also.... (I've got loads of questions! Sorry! ) Im wanting some 17" chrome BK 299's and to drop it 30mm, what sort of arch mods can I expect? Anything major? Im also looking into the Combat 2 kit (I think thats what its called!), I've seen it for about £550, is this cheap for the kit? I obviously want a dcent induction kit, does any manufacturar make a long tract kit? Im going to get it booked into powerflow in Sheffiled when the kits on to get a twin exit exhaust.

So... sorry to ask loads and loads of questions on my first ever post but any help is appreciated!

OO, BTW, I drive a Cinq Sporting (no laughing at the back, its my first car!!) at the moment and cant fookin wait to get rid of it, it has got to be THE most unreliable car ever!
LukeGSi

26th Feb 04 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First of all welcome to CS wow ....make a simple list of questions as most people on here are lazy and wont read your essay!!
mav

26th Feb 04 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

17's lowered 30mm with correct offset and you shouldn't have much trouble there m8...

welcome to CS.....................

Paul H

26th Feb 04 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

first of all if your thinking of a second hand one things to look for are.they are prone to steering racks giving up turn wheel left and listen to see if it knocks,squeaky brakes and leaking door seals apart from that there not too bad.17's if you get the right offset eg anywhere between et42 and et45 you can drop it easily -30mm and more with no arch mods at all
LukeGSi

26th Feb 04 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your first question, if your buying a car a year old u shouldnt need to worry to much about bodywrk or engine needing attention unless it really has been hammered!! 17's with a 30mm drop should be ok as long as wheels are the right offset!! Not 100% sure as i have a corsa B...no idea at all about ICE in corsa C's - u2u painZ he has just done an install!! IMO dont get a kit, keep things subtle...powerflow exhaust are a good way forward just make sure they use grade 304 steel!! Cant remember what else you asked, hope it kinda helps
Adam-CorsaC18s

26th Feb 04 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright matey - U from Sheffield or that vacinity? Im from Barnsley and gotta Corsa C SXi, anyway...
Anyone can supply you with the fascia for the stereo, I got mine from Source in Chapeltown who also got me an adapter so that I could use my remotes on the steering wheel, although my stereo is Kenwood I would still think that there would be one for yours.
Another thing is take your car to Ascar in sheffield instead of powerflow, although Powerflow are good (Ezee is a top dude) Ascar are much better In my opinion, can do much more custom work and if you ever get anything slightly wrong with it they'll sort it out more or less straight away.

As for wheels Ive got 18s with a 40mm drop and had to have rock all done to my arches, a bit of cutting away at my Rieger Front bumper was all it needed and the bolts taking out of the rear arches and having them bonded on.
Plus if I were you Id get a new corsa - you get all the warranty (I still have mine even tho its modded wi wheels, bodykit, exhaust, stereo and induction kit) Those cool new lights which I want and free insurance if you're 19+.

Hope this all helps!!
Adam-CorsaC18s

26th Feb 04 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

goto www.cruisinnights.co.uk/corsa for pics of mine
Sando

26th Feb 04 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for that peeps! Very helpful, I'll remember to keep my questions simpler in future. Im a member on FiatForum.com and have been for a year or so, I admit it gets annoying when you have to read an essay before the questions pop up, I promise to keep it simple!!

[quote=Adam-CorsaC18s]U from Sheffield or that vacinity?
Im from Chesterfield, I work for a company based next to Meadowhall, a mate of a mate works at Powerflow and can get me a lttle discount but I have heard really good reports of Ascars work so i might pop down and have a lookie, where are they based, is it in Hillsborough?

Me and my mate always pop down to Source to have a chat, I really trust there work so if Im going to get any work done on my ICE, I'll be chucking my money in their general direction. Have you seen that MTX van they've bought? Used to be the loudest vehicle in the world, so they thought they'd have a challenge and try and build the loudest in the UK. They've stripped it and are getting ready to sound proof etc... and get it ready to have an install built in.
Sando

26th Feb 04 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some pics of my Cinq (if your interested!!) :: http://www.zen8627.zen.co.uk/Matt/

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Hi folks! looking to get a Corsa C, any advice? 23 database queries in 0.0089800 seconds