corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » AIR-CON UNIT

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author AIR-CON UNIT
FLYING CORSA

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 04 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has anyone had trouble with air-con on their sport......mine when the air-con is not engaged makes a right rattling noise......when you turn it on it stops......any suggestions?
DangerousDave16v

23rd Feb 04 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what are you doing using your air con at this time of year!
I had this problem last summer and nobody knew what it was. so i delved in, and found out that it was dirt and stones in the clutch which engages the air con pump.
vauxhall wanted something like £600 to fix it.so i told them to eat my shite.
found out they didnt even have a special tool they needed so it had to be sent somewhere... blah ....blah blah.
i went to a breakers and sourced a pump from a sport which was rear ended but otherwise perfect, cos if a cars been hit from front the air con is extremely likely to leak.
think it cost me about £100 quid
then i had to go back to the dealer/robber to get new refridgerant put it (you need to drain it first by the way, at ££vauxhall££)

basically you can get vaux to service the clutch or do something your self, but unless you can get the specific tool, your in bother at the bank.

my air con worked perfectly even with the noise, but it drov me f**king insane, so i had to fix it.
its quite a big job, but necessary if you dont want to drive everywhere with the air con on
FLYING CORSA

25th Feb 04 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate that sounds like the job

New Poll