corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Someone might be buying my car HELP ME !!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Someone might be buying my car HELP ME !!!
scrap

User status: Offline
18th Feb 04 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I’ve got someone who is interested in my car and they want to have a look at it next week. I’ve told them I will replace the cracked front bumper and also fix the handbrake (needs a new cable).

There are a few other things I need to sort out b4 he comes and looks at it;

1, The alarm doesn’t work, it worked when I bought the car but it stopped and hasn’t worked for 9 months. I replaced the battery in the key fob last week but it still doesn’t work. Any help on how to solve this would be appreciated.

2, I had a quick go over the car last nite and I noticed some signs of a mayonaise looking substance where u put the oil in. I have heard about this and is it something to do with the head gasket?? How can I stop it or at least restrict it so it isn’t easy to notice>

3, Also I’ve noticed when I fill the car petrol over half a tank, it leaks , I can see it slowly dripping out. Is there anyway or a quick fix?

Please help me as I need the money from the sale of my car. U2U me if u don’t want to post here.
Gambit

18th Feb 04 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

duno bout the alarm

as for the mayo, just take it for a long run its probably only condensation build up

as for petrol, dont fill it over half then
LukeGSi

18th Feb 04 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scrap
I’ve got someone who is interested in my car and they want to have a look at it next week. I’ve told them I will replace the cracked front bumper and also fix the handbrake (needs a new cable).
There are a few other things I need to sort out b4 he comes and looks at it;
1, The alarm doesn’t work, it worked when I bought the car but it stopped and hasn’t worked for 9 months. I replaced the battery in the key fob last week but it still doesn’t work. Any help on how to solve this would be appreciated.
2, I had a quick go over the car last nite and I noticed some signs of a mayonaise looking substance where u put the oil in. I have heard about this and is it something to do with the head gasket?? How can I stop it or at least restrict it so it isn’t easy to notice>
3, Also I’ve noticed when I fill the car petrol over half a tank, it leaks , I can see it slowly dripping out. Is there anyway or a quick fix?
Please help me as I need the money from the sale of my car. U2U me if u don’t want to post here.

1. what alarm is it
2. to be honest thats sounds like head gasket going, is there a fuel smell in the water?? i dont think its fair to sell it without telling them them that, if you do make sure they sign a sold as seen receipt!! All you can do is clean it but it will come back
3.as as point 2 really, not fair to sell like that - very unsafe...think if after they buy they fill up then a spark hits from somewhere - BANG!!

I would make them aware of ALL the faults when u sell
Gambit

18th Feb 04 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^^ balls, its a private sale so its sold as seen

[Edited on 18-02-2004 by Gambit]
MatthewR

18th Feb 04 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New petrol tank is bucks aswell, make sure you emphasise the Sold as seen!
LukeGSi

18th Feb 04 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gambit
^^^^ balls, its a private sale so its sold as seen

yeah hence me saying make them sign a sold as seen receipt BUT i couldnt sell a car to any1 if i knew it was UNSAFE, what if its sold to someone with kids and 20 miles down the road it explodes and kills them all, i wouldnt want on my concious!! Its different "forgetting" to tell them it hasnt been serviced in 5 years and gets driven like its stolen but when its blatently dangerous its out of order IMO
scrap

18th Feb 04 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its an old alarm Moss security if that helps.
scrap

18th Feb 04 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT
KevsSRi

18th Feb 04 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

qoute:I had a quick go over the car last nite and I noticed some signs of a mayonaise looking substance where u put the oil in.

sure its mayo
Ditch

18th Feb 04 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ this fella havin a bubble bath?
scrap

19th Feb 04 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u know what I mean
Adam-D

19th Feb 04 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right remove the alarm
buy a cheap one from argos bout £20 not hard to fit job done
mayo subsatance could be condensation could be head gasket
clean it up take it for a run to sort it

fuel tank leaking sind the hole and plug it with sealent if its a big hole then tell him it needs fixing
could be that the pipe feeding into the tank is loose cos that goes in halfway??

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Someone might be buying my car HELP ME !!! 23 database queries in 0.0097380 seconds