corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Depreciation

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Depreciation
ben_clio_16v

User status: Offline
15th Feb 04 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, bought my car for 9k in November brand new with one years free insurance, had a stupid idea of saving money.

Saw an advert offering Corsa's with one years free insurance for 19+ so thought i could do a part exchange with Vauxhall for my one year old Clio with under 10k on it. That way i would save around £1,500 on insurance and in 2 years time still have a one year old car. Hope that makes sense, but i've been told that even though it will only be a year old and with low mileage i'd be lucky to get £5,500 for it. That true??

Wouldnt sell it after a year cause i've done pass plus and fingers crosses should have a years ncb, just didnt realise depreciation was that steep. Cheers in advance
GT4Brody

15th Feb 04 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That sounds a tad bit low for a one yr old car, they do depriciate but not thay much, usuually about 2 grand after a yr depending on milaege condition.
Although garage well offer you less than its worth anyhow so be better off sellin privately
bubble

15th Feb 04 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i work for vx so got my sxi for 7800 and in march it;ll be 10months old and im havin new one, mine only worth 6750 now. if i bought private woulda cost 9800 so woulda lost 3k in under a year
Phil321

15th Feb 04 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depreciation is a bitch and you always get less in part ex. Sell the Clio privately and then get the Corsa.
bubble

15th Feb 04 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

phil321 is right.
dannycorsa c

15th Feb 04 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but u gotta remeber the free insurance saves u alot ov money aswell so ur not out ov pocket as bad as if u were paying ur own insurance! i got a new corsa at 17 with free insurance to me on a car like that at my age must have been worth £3000 easy as it was in my own name!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Depreciation 23 database queries in 0.0099170 seconds