corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Chance For You Guys To Help Me With Engine

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Chance For You Guys To Help Me With Engine
Kerry

User status: Offline
14th Feb 04 at 01:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get ure money back and put it into ure engine

can u do that?
big eck

14th Feb 04 at 01:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its quick enough to keep in front of my mates UK scooby and leave an R32 golf in a straight line, and remember i've only got a standard XE a modded one will be much quicker, as for the handling you'll probably know corsas aint known for there great handling but a good suspension set-up including a strut brace will sort the handling no probs.
Greasemonkey

14th Feb 04 at 01:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah there is that option too, could go for stad alone engine menagment, NO i aint spending no more money, if i get ought back it will be bailing me out the shit im in with the money this is costing
Greasemonkey

14th Feb 04 at 02:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will have to see how my Crank search goes tomoz, if nothing comes up it might be the only option, as long as i can run it with my shafts
Kerry

14th Feb 04 at 02:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good luck
big eck

14th Feb 04 at 02:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the end of the day m8 its up to you, I personally would have just said fuk spending more money on the same engine and just slotted in the bigger unit, I know the XE conversion is quite popular now but the reason behind this is because its a good easy and cheapish way of getting 150+bhp as standard, a set of cams, unichip and decent zorst/induction kit will seeing you reach 180bhp pretty easily.
Greasemonkey

14th Feb 04 at 02:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stop it man, its so temptin, i will have to sleep on it, had to book work off today (sat) so i got a full day to sort the engine, got to run old crank to engineer to double check it, got to phone round 1001 places for a crank, get a valentines cars, strip out a transit van and service it, entertain the misuss, popin to my other work to finish some drawings for me old man, shit i need more than a day, oh and if a crank turns up i gotta drive anywhere in the country to get it
big eck

14th Feb 04 at 02:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuk that m8 lol, just sit back and chill, trust me m8 fit the XE you wont be dissapointed, if its not your cup of tea then take it back out and sell it, thats the thing with these engines you'll always get your money back, its a win win situation.
Greasemonkey

14th Feb 04 at 02:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh here is a bit of bad luck (yeah theres more) a company called AVP they do the engineerin on my engine rebore etc, they bought in a load of completely new C16XE engines, he had them for ages, couldnt shift them so sold them for real cheap, sold the last one a few weeks back for about £400 thats a never been used engine completely new including head etc, gutted and guess where they were stored, in my village in a barn on the other side of the green lol if i knew that i would have gone over and helped myself
Andy

14th Feb 04 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
Its quick enough to keep in front of my mates UK scooby and leave an R32 golf in a straight line, and remember i've only got a standard XE a modded one will be much quicker, as for the handling you'll probably know corsas aint known for there great handling but a good suspension set-up including a strut brace will sort the handling no probs.

Standard XE in a Corsa; 0-60 around low to mid 7s
Standard R32 - 0-60 low 6s
As for standing quarter figures, we won't even mention them

I know it's a bit blunt, but an R32 driven in anger would piss all over an XE'd Corsa and then some
J da Silva

14th Feb 04 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I dont understand why you are wasting your time with an engine you've got a hard time finding parts for when you've got a perfectly good C20 just sitting there, it may be old as you've said but there are loads of parts available for this engine and they are bullet proof if looked after properly.

the money he'd spend on getting the 1600 right could go towards extra insurance on 2litre, worth a thought greasemonkey
big eck

14th Feb 04 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy
quote:

Standard XE in a Corsa; 0-60 around low to mid 7s
Standard R32 - 0-60 low 6s
As for standing quarter figures, we won't even mention them

I know it's a bit blunt, but an R32 driven in anger would piss all over an XE'd Corsa and then some

I knew someone would disagree with me on this one
I'm not one to bullshit m8 and trust me, he was trying. R32's are great cars but they are very very heavy and once on the move the 4WD makes them quite sluggish.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Chance For You Guys To Help Me With Engine 23 database queries in 0.0110810 seconds