corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » help needed regarding new tyres and punctures.....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help needed regarding new tyres and punctures.....
M2RTY

User status: Offline
13th Feb 04 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to cut a long story short my g/f has just bought 4 brand new tyres for her golf and had them fitted to her alloys less than 2 weeks ago

she rang me up just now to tell me one had gone flat, and she had to pay 37 quid to get a new tyre fitted by a garage out in the sticks (175/65/14 i think)

before she said anything i said i bet they told u it went through the side wall, which they had told her

now i have seen many punchurs and have had 4 so far where garages have tried telling me its not fixable, and i always end up at a mates garage who has fixed them EVERY time without a problem or being dangerous

im fucking fumming that she had to pay 37 quid for something that I bet my car on she didnt need, AND they took her BRAND NEW tyre off her

Im going straight down there in the morning and playing hell if they dont give me it back, and im taking it to my mate to see if it can be repaired. if it can, there will be hell on and traiding standards will be informed.

dad said ring them up, but this will give them time to damage the tyre if they know im comming

any1 else had any similar experiences?

ps - she was on her own when it happened and was pretty much forced into buying it
Drew
Banned

13th Feb 04 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i took mine to one place - wouldnt fix it - took to another - still wouldnt - and to another (back street) and they wouldnt either, and this was about an inch off the sidewall

all said it was too dangerous - so that was 80 quid for a new tyre after i had had it on for about 3 weeks

thou my other 4 have been fixed
M2RTY

13th Feb 04 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah drew but u know what ure looking for and i presume they showed u the damage? bloke just put water on it and said "look at the bubbles"

it was in west aukland the garage, think its the one nr focus do it all??

Drew
Banned

13th Feb 04 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhhhhhhhhhh

national tyres - i guess?

they never have any work - always standing around outside chatting
M2RTY

13th Feb 04 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Drew
ahhhhhhhhhhh

national tyres - i guess?

they never have any work - always standing around outside chatting

possibly

gonna get a fucking ear full in the morning i can tell u
Drew
Banned

13th Feb 04 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

before making ya mouth go thou - check out the tyre, cause it could have been on the sidewall or near it
M2RTY

13th Feb 04 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah will do, asking for the old tyre back anyway and ill see for myself

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » help needed regarding new tyres and punctures..... 23 database queries in 0.0081990 seconds