corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 60mm fonr 40mm rear...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 60mm fonr 40mm rear...
corsa starter

User status: Offline
8th Feb 04 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh
get adjustable shocks... can adjust the dampening to satisfy u... i cant afford em so i gotta take a risk
Kris TD

8th Feb 04 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it used to skip about when i had pi 60mm rear springs, but the apex all round is a million times better, actually handles pretty well.

as for the ride quality, im not using apex shocks so i cant really comment on that, springs dont really affect that. im using koni adjustables, set on soft.
corsa_boi

8th Feb 04 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hav a full apex kit lowered 60mm and on 16"s on my corsa gsi and the front is lowerer than the rear bye quite abit, on the front arch my tyres sit under the arch bye bout 2-3cm which looks pretty gud, the handling is very gud on mine but may very on different models,the ride is poor,very bumpy and hard but u get used to it. The rear sits alrite but i wud like it to be a tad lowerer than it is not alot but just so it sits nice but i supose its up2 u how much u want it lowered,if u want it on the floor then dont get an apex kit but if u want it sittin nice then maybe a apex kit is 4 u mate.

Jon Boi
Geeza10328

8th Feb 04 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i reckon theres a near 100% chance that corsa starter is talkin about my FK kit that I'm selling on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2457948150&category=40192

as i've said in the description the value for money here is excellent in my opinion. The front is low yes, but the handling is amazing, and I never found the rear skipped at -40mm. I didn't ave any problems with my wheels however I only had 15" 195/50/45 et 45-49. But there isn't a lot of movement in the front shox's so i never found even wen i hit a big dip/bump with the wheels turned they never hit the arches. The rear isn't really a problem at all wiv most sized wheels as long as u don't go lower than 40mm. and obviously have a near offset to 49.

But at the end of the day you could certainly pick up some -40mm springs for the front if u wanted to, -50mm are rare but to be honest I reckon you'd love the look of it with the front wheels just tucked under the arch, and again for the money, they are £230 new and are at £101 on ebay last time I looked. I hope I get more than this for them tho, they are certainly worth more.

any questions u2u me m8.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll