corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Zorst

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Zorst
stetz99

User status: Offline
6th Feb 04 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is the best set up for a new system, and make ? I was thinking of powerflow but not sure. What size pipe should i go for and should i remove the centre box r leave it. Its for a 1.2 16v 99 model.
luca2020

6th Feb 04 at 04:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2" bore, and tbh its not gonna matter what exhaust uve got u will hardly get any gains

go for something like scorpion, magnex, piper ect

and as for ur centre silencer ur new exhaust system will have 1 built in, people that take theres out are tits and make there car a million times too loud
LukeGSi

6th Feb 04 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pop into your local powerflow and get their advice, they make exhausts all day everyday so they know their stuff!! I'd say 2" pipe cat back (saves hassle at MOT time) and then whateva design tailpipe you want!!
JJ

6th Feb 04 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

STAY AWAY FROM POWERFLOW THEY ARE POO... Do it right and get a scorpion group a full system with piper decat pipe from pvd
LukeGSi

6th Feb 04 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JJ
STAY AWAY FROM POWERFLOW THEY ARE POO... Do it right and get a scorpion group a full system with piper decat pipe from pvd

YEAH YEAH YEAH a small number of people that have been to CERTAIN branches of powerflow have been dis-satisfied although a huge number of people have used them (yes including me) and are 100% happy with the quality of their work and their service!!! There are a few pics around of rusty systems but there are hundreds of pics of decent systems(like mine)!!! U could get an off the shelf zorst but if u want something one-off then powerflow is the way 4ward!!!! Rant over!!!

[Edited on 06-02-2004 by born_upsideout]
luca2020

6th Feb 04 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JJ

as powerflow is a franchise it really does depend on where u go cos they wont all have the same standards

i got mine done at Ascar, and i was very very pleased

and dont! get a grp a exhaust system! esp. for a 1.2 it will not give u any performance gains and will more than likly reduce power, the bore is way way to big!
broster
Premium Member

6th Feb 04 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by luca2020

and dont! get a grp a exhaust system! esp. for a 1.2 it will not give u any performance gains and will more than likly reduce power, the bore is way way to big!

just about to say this i had a 2.5" bore on my car and believed it to be loosing me power, so i changed it to a 2.25" bore system. much better now! can actually notice a difference
sfxer

6th Feb 04 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JJ

crazy
Kris TD

6th Feb 04 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by luca2020
quote:
Originally posted by JJ

as powerflow is a franchise it really does depend on where u go cos they wont all have the same standards

i got mine done at Ascar, and i was very very pleased

ascar arent powerflow, however i was very unimpressed with ascars job on my exhaust, i had to weld the brackets back onto the silencer after a couple of months cos they ripped off, on my mates clio they botched a rear can onto the standard exhaust system and used jubilee clips to cover up some rust holes. fcuking shite if you ask me, i wouldnt recommend them.
luca2020

7th Feb 04 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

guess u got stiched up then, mine was floorless, and still is
stetz99

9th Feb 04 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So from the replys i should go after a 2' system. So should i r get a centre box. And what bout a Yanspeed
LukeGSi

9th Feb 04 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stetz99
So from the replys i should go after a 2' system. So should i r get a centre box. And what bout a Yanspeed

Its janspeed and no...IMO go to ascar or powerflow and get a one-off job, but yeah 2" is right!!

New Poll