corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Uninsured drivers and accidents

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Uninsured drivers and accidents
ainsley_brader

User status: Offline
5th Feb 04 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right your fully comp insured with protected no claims, when you get T-boned on a roundabout by an uninsured driver, what would happen if:

the accident was deemed your fault
the accident was deemed 50 - 50
the accident was blamed on the uninsured driver

btw, the police arent exactly interested due to the driver being somewhat known to them (abh/gbh/assaulting coppers/burglary etc etc)

Also:
Does anyone on here work for a bodyshop that does a lot of insurance work?

The car involved is a 6 mth old pug 307.

Very hard impact to o/s/r door, outer and inner sill. Slight damage to front of rear arch.
Looking at the hinges from within the front door there appears to be no stretch marks around the bolts or hinges or on the pillar.
The door wont open but with the seats up inside cant see any creases in the floor at all. Same in the boot with the carpet out no creases at all.

Would an insurance company be likely to replace inner and outer sills etc (possibly inner rear arch) or would they right it off? Bearing in mind the car is 6 mth old worth about 12k.

Ains

[Edited on Thursday 5th February 2004 by ainsley_brader]
Ian W

5th Feb 04 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They would fix the car.

Sorry, can't help on the uninsured driver stuff.

If i was you I would make the police investigate, if they get a sniff of hard work they just f**k it off
corsa-sxi

5th Feb 04 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bad luck mate, i had a silly cnut in a stolen car that slammed into my rear end then ran away, cops cant find them, so they are lucky i guess, im landed with uptoi a £1000 bill from bodyshop, where insurance will pay, just that i will lose my no claims i think the repair cost has to be about 60% of the car value to be classed as a write off? im not sure tbh

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Uninsured drivers and accidents 23 database queries in 0.0080099 seconds