corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 480w Peak Sub

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 480w Peak Sub
Darren

User status: Offline
30th Jan 04 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What power amp would best power the above sub? Would a 500w peak amp be sufficient? or should i get a higher power one? Also are SPLX an ok make? I no they arnt gonna be the best but i just want something cheap and ok for now!!

cheers
thekemp

User status: Offline
30th Jan 04 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

first of all, you have to look at RMS figures, max and peak mean jack shit.
splx r ok for the money but i would say save a little more for an entry level alpine etc.
you also have to look at how many ohms the amp can run in relation to its power, and what the power handling of the sub is.

on many of the on line audio stores such as:

cel-direct
bassjunkies
mcsdirect

you can pick up a decent sub box and amp package for around £150

New Poll