corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tuning a corsa C

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tuning a corsa C
Gucci

User status: Offline
24th Jan 04 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been on the courtenay sport web site today and decided if i can't sell my car i will tune it up.
Was thinking of either getting the mantzel air box for £600 or waiting until the end of the year and getting a turbo fitted (£3000+).

Does anyone know much about the reliability of the turbo conversion, they qoute that it would produce around 120bhp which seems a lot for a 1.4.
Marc

24th Jan 04 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

30bhp increase sounds about right.
LukeGSi

24th Jan 04 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get the mantzel and fit NoS IMO would be more fun than i 1.4 turbo convo
Gucci

24th Jan 04 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would i have to have my ecu remapped/chipped to make it run right?
vibrio
Banned

24th Jan 04 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd go for the Dbalis inlet. seems to give better gains than the manztel etc. but around 140hp is the most your going to get realistically without TB's
jr

24th Jan 04 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 1.4 16v runs 136bhp with:

SBD performance manifold 264 degree shrieck cams piper venier pulleys Uprated valve springs and caps Pocketed pistons Mantzel powerbox Omex ecu 7500 rev limit
Gucci

24th Jan 04 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jr, how much have you spent on the engine and who did the work?
I'd be happy with around 120bhp.
kortas

24th Jan 04 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy urself a 1.6 16v and drop that in instead, modding heaven.
jr

24th Jan 04 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gucci
jr, how much have you spent on the engine and who did the work?
I'd be happy with around 120bhp.

i bought then engine off matt_c off here, im told he spent 2-3 k on engine
vibrio
Banned

24th Jan 04 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheaper gettign a 1.6 with TB's basic kit around 160hp
luca2020

25th Jan 04 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol courtney 'bodge job' turbo

ask them what u excatly get for ur 3k?
3 single head gaskets or a nice tripple plated one? or low compression pistons?
Gucci

25th Jan 04 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don''t really want to do an engine swop, was tempted in TB's but every one i know who's had them has had problems with tick over.
Sounds like i could get near 120bhp without TB's or turbo anyway.
Cheers every one
Daimo B

26th Jan 04 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
I'd go for the Dbalis inlet. seems to give better gains than the manztel etc. but around 140hp is the most your going to get realistically without TB's

No, the inlet manifold similar to the Mantzel box does not produce the same results. THe Dbalis "supposidally" throttle bodies do give more power though but they are over £1100.

Didn't know Dbalis done kits for the Corsa C yet anyway? Only mods i've seen advertised for the new 1.4/1.8 engines are from mantzel.

I would alos not get a turbo conversion from Courtenay. 3 layer head gasket and a turbo bolted on?

Speak to Velos as i understand they are devloping kits for the X14XE engine and i can't really see the mods needing to be any different for the new 1.4 lump.
vibrio
Banned

26th Jan 04 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
quote:

No, the inlet manifold similar to the Mantzel box does not produce the same results. THe Dbalis "supposidally" throttle bodies do give more power though but they are over £1100.

Didn't know Dbalis done kits for the Corsa C yet anyway? Only mods i've seen advertised for the new 1.4/1.8 engines are from mantzel.

I would alos not get a turbo conversion from Courtenay. 3 layer head gasket and a turbo bolted on?

Speak to Velos as i understand they are devloping kits for the X14XE engine and i can't really see the mods needing to be any different for the new 1.4 lump.

then I know more then you do the Dbalis is the inlet like manztel. it is not the same thing that patrick had
Ojc

26th Jan 04 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Patrick had some shit throttle bodies and was slower than my standard GSi.
Rob H

26th Jan 04 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

They already sell inlet manifolds and TB kits for the X14. Main problem with the Z14 out of the C's is the Drive by Wire throttle .
Ojc

26th Jan 04 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put in a new ECU and a throttle cable from a X14XE.
Daimo B

26th Jan 04 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

then I know more then you do the Dbalis is the inlet like manztel. it is not the same thing that patrick had

Obviously

Dbalis do TWO types. One similar to the Mantzel box design where as it cuts all the pipework and the 2nd is like throttle bodies, but there not as OJC said above.

The TB are better than the mantzel box, gives more power in some cases. But is £1100+. Mantzel box is £475 and £575 (X16 and C16). The Dbalis kit that is around £400 is not as good as the manztel box.

Rob H, no, im talking about turbo conversions for the X14XE engine, not the inlet manifold and throttle bodies they do.

[Edited on 26-01-2004 by Daimo B]
Tom

26th Jan 04 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a z20let conversion how much r they?
Ojc

26th Jan 04 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo, since Courtney got the rights to sell Mantzel stuff in this country the price has risen, they now sell the box for £595 but can fit it for an extra £200.
vibrio
Banned

26th Jan 04 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Obviously

Dbalis do TWO types. One similar to the Mantzel box design where as it cuts all the pipework and the 2nd is like throttle bodies, but there not as OJC said above.

The TB are better than the mantzel box, gives more power in some cases. But is £1100+. Mantzel box is £475 and £575 (X16 and C16). The Dbalis kit that is around £400 is not as good as the manztel box

Rob H, no, im talking about turbo conversions for the X14XE engine, not the inlet manifold and throttle bodies they do.

bold statement. graphs I have seen give the Dbalis kit better on normal rev limit etc no other mods
Robbo

26th Jan 04 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you really thinkin of spending £3,000 on a Corsa C just to get 120bhp?????????????
Daimo B

26th Jan 04 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Obviously

The TB are better than the mantzel box, gives more power in some cases. But is £1100+. Mantzel box is £475 and £575 (X16 and C16). The Dbalis kit that is around £400 is not as good as the manztel box

bold statement. graphs I have seen give the Dbalis kit better on normal rev limit etc no other mods

And how many cars is that????
Mantzel box does not produce the power bottom end. Best power is gained from 6500rpm upwards.
Seen plenty of Corsas running M boxes, increased rev limits, filter, exhaust hitting 140bhp. Not seen many Dbalis kits do that. Maybe 1 or 2, but nothing like Dbalis.

And anyway, u get them through Regal, mmmmmmmmmm nice company Even though Courtenay are expensive, id still rather go to them as a last resort compared to good ol cowboy regal.

Robbo, if the Corsa B kit is similar to the Corsa C kit, 170bhp, 175lb ft, £3500.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tuning a corsa C 23 database queries in 0.1939070 seconds