corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Ideal ICE system

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ideal ICE system
stevegreetham

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 04 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, i would like advice on what to buy o get a decent ice install. I'm not bothered about dvd players etc atm, just music.
so far i am decided on an alpine head unit, cant remember its name but its the mp3 one wiv 4x60w if that rings any bells??????
I listen to loadsa different types of music but mainly dance/trance sorta stuff.
Cash isnt really a problem as i will be buying it bit by bit over a period of time.
o yer, i would also like it to be able to compete at shows etc.
cheers for your help.
If you could just make a short list of what i shoudl buy and their prices that wud b great
steve
rob_watti

22nd Jan 04 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot kind of system do u want? SPL(sound pressure levels) BASS and lots of it!!! Or SQ(sound quality)! once uve decided that then we can help you!!
stevegreetham

22nd Jan 04 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a mixture of bass and sound quality if possible m8, cheers
stevegreetham

23rd Jan 04 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ideas?
Filby1

23rd Jan 04 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, here goes, comp`s that every one goes on about on here are mostly never fitted well, aslo every one seams to spend way too much on head units, when from a price point they all have the same high power amps, what i mean is what does a 500 pound alpine head unit do that a 200 pound one will not if thay both have the same power?. so.

1. get a good sub and amp Kicker square sub and Rockford 501Db amp sound the nuts

2, alpine headunit but no more than 250pound dont forget you dont live in your car and this will sound good.

3. speakers if you want can be amped but the head unit is powerfull on its own, thats up to you.

4. me personaly would get some uprated speakers of the same size up front 3 way and some 17cm or 6X9`s at the back, and dont listen to every one else you can still here them over the sub id try and get some fusion speakers look cool and sound ace, or even sone pioneer there gona be fine.

[Edited on 23-01-2004 by Filby1]
Filby1

23rd Jan 04 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey and another thing as far as show use goes few people hace Kicker subs
andy hirst

23rd Jan 04 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Front - components
Boot - 12" sub

plus amps and some sound deadening. Thats all you need.

stevegreetham

23rd Jan 04 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers 4 all ur help, the head unit i am going for is the KDC-M7024, i have changed me mind from that alpine one
Trotty

23rd Jan 04 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by soaped
Front - components
Boot - 12" sub

plus amps and some sound deadening. Thats all you need.

KorsaKid

23rd Jan 04 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bass bass get a jbl 4000w max 15' subby wi a momo amp.... thats basssss
rob_watti

23rd Jan 04 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

filby1 you give pants advise!! telling the poor lad to get 6x9's!!! R u mad???? If u want a quality system stay away from 6x9's, and a quality head unit is important!! Its where a system starts!! Get a good quality set of comps for the front, 6.5 preferable. make sure u sound deaden the doors to make a kind of enclosure for the woofers to sit in. And your headunit is not very powerful at all, if it says 50wattsx4, its more than likely nearer to 20watt x 4!! so definately amp the comps to get the most out of them!! Then simple finish up with a good sub and amp package, id go for 12" for an all round system! use good quality wiring and plenty of sound deadening as much as u can. look for threads or faqs on sound deadening for more info!!
rob_watti

23rd Jan 04 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and always go off the rms figures and not the max figures when matching up speakers and amps
SteveW

24th Jan 04 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some good points by rob there

LOADS of people say to go for 6x9's and a sub and this and that.... and the bloody kitchen sink.

Keep it simple, you will reep the benefits

2x Amps (one for components and one for sub/subs)
1x Yellow Top battery trustme you'll need it..
5.25" or 6.5" components... the better the quality of these the better sound you will get.. The crossovers are a major factor in this.. as this is what seperated the mid-bass from the treble (very important)

Then the sub/s its totally up to you... i love my 15" but i think for most systems you need 12".. its up to you weather you have 1 or 2.. I would go for 2 myself.

The amps are very very important, again you need quality not something that says "40,000,000 watts" cos its all bull.. Get something that is just over the RMS of your speakers (make sure this is the correct ohm as well.... you can u2u me about all the tech shite )

Then as rob has already said... Dynamat...LOADS of Dynamat. The Extreme one is better..

Then dont scrimp on cables as these conduct the power and signal... a CAP might help flattern out any weak spots in the setup too

I wont lie, this type of setup will cost you.. your looking at around 1500-2000..

but it will make all the difference. Trust me

any problems contact..

me
corb
austinpxx
tomas
painz (the newby )
thekemp

24th Jan 04 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would go for a 10 inch sub if you like trance/dance as they make tighter bass.
imho
SXIBOYO

24th Jan 04 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can totally back snowy up here. So far ive spent 800 on my system and thats only on components, four channel amp and Hu and the quality as well as loudness is painful to my ears.

Just from this set up my exterior lights dim on bass notes so yes a yellow top battery is a good option!!

and so far i havent sound proofed my car because i couldnt quite see all the fuss but since everything has been installed, its gone right to the top of my priority list!!

anyways so far ive got

Alpine HU
Infinity kappa series comps (6.5")
Directed 4500 four channel amp.

Im very happy so far and sure many others with similar set ups will agree that loudness is only ever good when you have that quality with it.

J

p.s. get decent wiring like they have all said!!

[Edited on 24-01-2004 by SXIBOYO]

New Poll