corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » difference in Corsa SRI 8 valve and 16 valve OLD THREAD PLEASE READ DATES

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author difference in Corsa SRI 8 valve and 16 valve OLD THREAD PLEASE READ DATES
Daimo B

User status: Offline
21st Jan 04 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is not much difference between the two on the road.

8bhp is hardly anything.
106 GTI

22nd Jan 04 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for all ur help guys i think its definetley an 8 valve now and that would explain why there was good power below 4000rpm, when my mate is in fifth from 40 to 80 there is a real strong pull and i always wondered why it was better than my 106 GTi, but if its 8 v that would explain it. Its like when he tests out a 0-60 its crying out for 4th gear by the time it gets there coz theres no power in the high rev range.

Im really impressed with the low down torque and it has a good top end too till about 90
Tom

22nd Jan 04 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 106 GTI
thanks for all ur help guys i think its definetley an 8 valve now and that would explain why there was good power below 4000rpm, when my mate is in fifth from 40 to 80 there is a real strong pull and i always wondered why it was better than my 106 GTi, but if its 8 v that would explain it. Its like when he tests out a 0-60 its crying out for 4th gear by the time it gets there coz theres no power in the high rev range.

Im really impressed with the low down torque and it has a good top end too till about 90

4th gear in 60 are u joking

It has got power over 4k rpm, it is not going to get to 60 very fast if you drive in 1st 2nd 3rd to 4000rpm
106 GTI

22nd Jan 04 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no thats not what i mean, of course we red line it in first second im just saying by the time it reaches 60 in thrid it wants fourth gear coz ur at about 5500rpm
Tom

22nd Jan 04 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But if you red lined it in 2nd it would have been doing 55mph so you weould have been in 3rd for all of 2 seconds before it felt like u needed to change to fourth? Mine pulls quite well in third upto 75/80ish
106 GTI

22nd Jan 04 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom D
But if you red lined it in 2nd it would have been doing 55mph so you weould have been in 3rd for all of 2 seconds before it felt like u needed to change to fourth? Mine pulls quite well in third upto 75/80ish

We had 52 in second, but still struggles in third coz it only drops the revs to about 5,000rpm, so i didnt think it was very good
Tom

22nd Jan 04 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pulls ok in third in mine? I got a superchip so it's raised the limit a little bit...

Don't know why you're impressed with your mates car it sounds like it's slow from everything u have described
106 GTI

22nd Jan 04 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what the limiter in urs tom, we had 6300 which is at the end of the little lines?

It is good just lacks top end fizz like what people have been saying because its obviusly 8 valve.

With my GTI, it wakes up at 4 and blasts all the way to 7300rpm, coz its 16v
106 GTI

23rd Jan 04 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so does anyone know the limiter on the Corsa SRI?
106 GTI

23rd Jan 04 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate hant been brave enough to take it past 6200!!
Tom

23rd Jan 04 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't remeber think mines 6750?
Daimo B

23rd Jan 04 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

16v limiter is 6620rpm.

PResume the 8v will be the same.
Sims

23rd Jan 04 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just so you can check properly.....

That is my L reg SRi 8v + PVD cone
so if it looks like that which it sounds like it does. hes got a 8 valver
Tom

23rd Jan 04 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clean engine that mate
Sims

23rd Jan 04 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheerz. it ain't to bad and sounds fairly meaty aswell thanks to the pvd cone. totally drowns out the scorpion imola straight through exhaust i got.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » difference in Corsa SRI 8 valve and 16 valve OLD THREAD PLEASE READ DATES 23 database queries in 0.0147700 seconds