corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Should i get rid of my 1.0 for a 1.4 16v ??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Should i get rid of my 1.0 for a 1.4 16v ??
Mase
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Jan 04 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cos it was me mums old car and she gave it to me. I love the car, but it's just not powerful enough !! Should i sell my 98 1.0 on 38000 miles for an older valver with more miles on the clock ??? I've been thinking about it cos i'm gonna get an alarm soon, and was wondering whether it will be a waste of money if i get another car. Wot do u reckon insurance will be like on a 1.4 16v on say a p plate for a 17 year old with pass plus ???? I'm currently payin £1360 on a 1.0, so it can't be much more surly ???? i mean me mates quicksilver costs him round 1500 2 insure !!! thanks for your help !!!!

Mase
Tom

20th Jan 04 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will be a fair bit more, shop around
MatthewR

20th Jan 04 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'll be loadz more mate its 16v!!!! The quicksilver aint
Mase
Premium Member

20th Jan 04 at 16:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true, should i go for a 1.4 mpi ??? in say an SRI ???

Mase
Half Pint

20th Jan 04 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do an engine conversion will save you money on the insurance
Graham

20th Jan 04 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate u'll prob b payin about 2000 if not more, 17 pass plus NCB for a 1.4. im 18 wit 0 NCB on a 1.0 and had one crash payin about 1500 ish
Mase
Premium Member

20th Jan 04 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought bout that but the car's in mint condition and the resale value will plummit

Mase
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Jan 04 at 16:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'll be loads. Best people to speak to are your current insurers assuming you don't want to cancel the policy.
Half Pint

20th Jan 04 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well you can always keep the engine and swap it back to original when you sell it!
MatthewR

20th Jan 04 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carry on gaining experience in your 1.0l abd get something faster later on. you'll appreciate it more. U cant have been driving lng at 17???
Mase
Premium Member

20th Jan 04 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think ur right !!! only passed my test 2 and half months ago but i've been drivin for bout 7 months. Well if u see me don't try to race me....ok !!!

Mase
Mase
Premium Member

20th Jan 04 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeah and another question are the corsa C 1.0 more powerful than mine cos i had trouble keeping up with one running on 17's and a boot full of ICE ???

Mase
Foz

20th Jan 04 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a 1.4 8v when i was 17, cost about 1k to insure
dan_sri

20th Jan 04 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate, iv got a 1.4 8v sri and am paying 1764 with liv vic
Mase
Premium Member

20th Jan 04 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm i'll av 2 think about it then, although my car i in mint condition for it's age !!! (see garage)

Mase
Tom

20th Jan 04 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're both painfully slow mate, don't bother racing anything
Mase
Premium Member

20th Jan 04 at 16:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i don't race anythin, i just follow slowly behind me mates !!!

Mase
Graham

20th Jan 04 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate altho mines a 1.0 it does shift a fair bit, then tops out around 96, but the accelration isnt close to any of my mates cars. but stay in the 1.0 for a while, build up ure confidence and years no claims then go onto something better.
ljames555

20th Jan 04 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i pay £900 fully comp on my own on a sri 16 valve no claims discount i am 18 n 7 months n thats with norwhich union with a pass plus so seems like some of use pay alot to insure 1.0 :S
Ditch

20th Jan 04 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£900 fully comp at 18 is a VERY good price for that car
Mase
Premium Member

20th Jan 04 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just wot i was bout to say !!! That price is the cheapest i got quoted by far !!

Mase
ljames555

20th Jan 04 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they do 48% off wiv pass plus on 3rd party fire n theft policys and 52% off on fully comp policys u av 2 mention it like or they dont tell u that.also i am also getting quotes 3rd party fire and theft with elephant on a group 16 car honda crx and pug 306 gti-6 4 about £1290 n thats with no claims discounts but ill have 1 yrs when i buy the honda in july so shud b cheaper
Mase
Premium Member

20th Jan 04 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah mines fully comp with pass plus !!! its shocking really how they vary !!!

Mase

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Should i get rid of my 1.0 for a 1.4 16v ?? 24 database queries in 0.0153370 seconds