corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » rear disc conversion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rear disc conversion
corsa col

User status: Offline
19th Jan 04 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, this is my first post on this message board, & i am have just got my 1st corsa. it a 1.4 16v M reg with a ecotec and havent got to know the in's & out's of the car yet . am i right i thinking its a corsa B?

Back to the main question, i am wanting to convert the rear drums to discs and am wondering which way to go about it. Change the whole rear end from a gsi or just swop the backing plates & hubs of a gsi or astra or summat?

any one done this already?

once thats done, in goes the hydraulic handbrake!

cheers col
James@CCC

19th Jan 04 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, its a corsa b.

i dunno about the rear disk conversion, i would love to do this too, but there are plently of people on here who have done iit and can help u
Kris TD

19th Jan 04 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

first of all you will need to get at least 2l front brakes or v6 front brakes. then the rear brakes, you need calipers, stub axles discs pads and a nova handbrake cable, then weld on the stub axles.
do not use rear discs with 1.4 front brakes, you will crash.

Kris TD

19th Jan 04 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stub axles etc.. from a cav or mk3 astra, no corsa b's came with rear discs as standard, there is no need for them.
corsa col

19th Jan 04 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have had experience of to much rear bias! would a valve not calm it down once its a full hydraulic system? I should probably mention that i am planning to build a full stage rallycar, and drums are just a pain in the ass

thanks for the quick replys
Daimo B

19th Jan 04 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have rear disks. Setup suits the V6 front end i've got very well. Plus it looks much much much better.

Theres a few posts about rear discs already with guides on how to do it. Use the search function.

Deffo a good modification.

New Poll