corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 16valve engines

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 16valve engines
Ditch

User status: Offline
14th Jan 04 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still doesnt clear up the reason for the power delivery to take a hike at a certain rpm..... ive noticed it in quite a few 16valve cars

I know the bottom line is that a 16valve engine of the same capacity will be more powerful
Tim
Site Administrator

14th Jan 04 at 17:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But my power delivery is near enuf a straight line...
vibrio
Banned

14th Jan 04 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

16V engines can flow more air at higher rpm assuming the twin valves offer more area compared to 8V. this is why 16V have peak torque high up the rev range. this does not mean that there is much less torque below that. most 16V cars have flattish curves just the small peak high up the rev range
DangerousDave16v

15th Jan 04 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not only that, they give a better burn pattern as well, ie more efficenct combustion and a wee bit more power.
dousey

15th Jan 04 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ditch
I was under the impression that only 8valves were used untill a certian rpm and then in come the other 8...... thus giving a different power delivery to an 8valve lump

am i talking gibberish??

This is what the peugeot 306 S16 uses. (so i have been told, whether it is true i dont know)

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 16valve engines 23 database queries in 0.0111349 seconds