corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Going to upgrade to Server 2003 - advice needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Going to upgrade to Server 2003 - advice needed
Melville

User status: Offline
14th Jan 04 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right my firm is currently expanding and we want to run a server where you have to log on etc. At the moment we have just got a PC that we store all the files on. The only problem (which I know is very naughty ) is that all the PCs are running off dodgy copies of XP and wont let you connect to a server which has server 2003 on it. BUT I do want to make everything legal so Im willing to pay what ever it takes. Where do I buy the licences from for windows XP and do I need anyhting else to enable the computers to connect to the server

Cheers Mark
Stuckey

14th Jan 04 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do a search for a business web site, there are quite a few where you can buy multiple licenses for windows XP etc
Trotty

14th Jan 04 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just contact your preferred software distributor and order x copies of Win XP Pro - they may be able to get you the OEM versions which might save you a few quid?
Melville

14th Jan 04 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I looked on dabs and it said summit about volume software licensing, any ideas what that is?
Tim
Site Administrator

14th Jan 04 at 15:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speak to any of the suppliers corporate sales departments. You can just buy one copy of the CD, then buy "x" paper licenses. You can then use the volume licensing edition of XP to install from, which doesn't require full activation.
Dom

14th Jan 04 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, buy OEM versions of XP pro (around the 100 quid mark), it will save you lots over the retail version (around 200 quid each )
www.eclipse-computers, do the oem version at £117.44 However, i think you can buy just the licences from Microsoft, so you buy a copy of win XP pro on CD and then buy loads of licences for each machine
Trotty

14th Jan 04 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll be wanting the Open Licensing side of things in that case - it's slightly dependant on how many copies you're after though to qualify for the various licensing types.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Going to upgrade to Server 2003 - advice needed 23 database queries in 0.0095270 seconds